B'ball (1 Viewer)

Wiggum

I still believe that he won't do so well in the nba, with his record with the wolves and his form in the pre-season games i really don't think that he'll make much of an impact on scoring.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
how can you judge him when he only played 3 games? in the first game he played straight after he got off the plane, the 2nd game he was on fire and the third he played with a crook back. I think he'll come off decent, go heal!

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by copious
how can you judge him when he only played 3 games? in the first game he played straight after he got off the plane, the 2nd game he was on fire and the third he played with a crook back. I think he'll come off decent, go heal!
yea, Heal was alright when he played for Timber...but he got injuried quicky :\

but this time, i'm hoping he could do well..i'm a big fan of Heal...

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
the pirates won!! :rofl:

and kingma played well :rofl::rofl:

Wiggum

That's true i guess but i'm just not a very big fan of heal, and i don't think that the Spurs made the right move to bring heal out of retirement. Of course it's just my observations. Once he starts playing consistently in the nba, i'll shutup.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
heal only retired from the nbl, he planned on going to europe to get ready for the athens games

it wouldve been foolish to reject the spurs, who wouldnt want to play with the nba champions

Wiggum

He planned to play in europe? Ok that i didn't know.

Obviously yeah who wouldn't want to play in the nba let alone the spurs.

Baker and Camby might do well i think, it's only from 1 game right now, but they look to be in good shape.

Wiggum

Quite impressed about bron's first two games. Melo hasn't shaped up as of yet but it's early days yet. Any comments about bron's performance?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Heres Lebron's stats so far :
1st game against sacramento : 25 points 6 rebounds 9 assists 4 steals 2 turnovers
2nd game against phoenix : 21 points, 12 rebounds 8 assists. 7 turnovers 1 steal
Heres Carmelo's stats so far :
1st game against spurs : 12 points, 3 assists 7 rebounds 1 steal 3 turnovers
2nd game against houston : 18 points 9 rebounds 2 assists 8 turnovers

TJ Ford has played one game and has got 11 points 7 assists 11 rebounds.

Lebrons stats look impressive, and from what i saw on some footage he looks pretty smooth and confident when on the court.

HSC
just out of curiousity...is anybody playing virtual GM!? coz i cant believe im leading my group on my first go! hahaha

yeah im thoroughly impressed by lebron's play...definately made me eat my words
hehe

im surprised you guys havent talking about the lakers! i mean, im not a laker fan but fricken hell karl malone and payton are kicking some arse! both nearly got triple doubles in game 1?!?! i believe the lakers are early favourites.

And a quick comment about the kobe vs shaq saga : it was bound to happen! :D

Wiggum

Yeah but i haven't got a group and i'm not looking and changing i everyday so i'm stuffing up quite a bit. Anyone playing on yahoo?

I'm going lakers 03/04 but yeah it's expected that they will kick. This season i'm a loyalist laker fan and i know they'll come out on top.

It's been brewing over for sometime now, like 3 years i think, and it's definately exploded once, but i'm worried just for one of my fantasy teams since i have kobe in it. It's hard to say what will happen, they might resolve it like last time they might not. I can't tell right now.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
melo beat the kings

kings beat lebron

therefore melo better than lebron :p

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I don't mind a game of basket ball, but people here take it as life and death. No skill what so ever, and obviously no ref, so any foul goes as long as noone winges to much.

Might be good to have a decent game one day (but with experts of the game, I wouldn't have my height advantage, so I'd have to try).:chainsaw:

Wiggum

Originally posted by Enlightened_One
I don't mind a game of basket ball, but people here take it as life and death. No skill what so ever, and obviously no ref, so any foul goes as long as noone winges to much.
My question is where have you watched? There are plenty of leagues which have refs. But i guess you haven't seen many of them here. I guess you've been around to the courts where people just play pick-up games. Depends where you go, but there are people with alot of skill out there.

HSC
hmmm...i gotta admit ive seen some pretty nice handles at the courts i go to...but they seriously learnt the wrong way! all they do is showpony but they never get pass anyone with the handles...its quite pathetic actually!

those who have hops and dunk...thats all they do...dunk...and some ppl think they those who can dunk are really good! but the truth is that dunking is merely a small fraction of what it is to have "game"..

There are some talent out there in Australia...but i gotta admit that they are a rarity in comparison to other countries..

NBL isnt that bad either...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
play at the UTS courts, me and timbk2 are there!

HSC
play at the UTS courts, me and timbk2 are there!
next year probly my friend! ill be the guy who wont come down from above the rim :D (i wish~!....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)