BBALLB- People and Planet Units (1 Viewer)

emzynr

HSC
Hi im transfering to Maq as a 3rd year student to a Business Administration/ B Law degree. I have been granted 44cp. I have an extra 6 credit points that exempts me from doing 2 electives. However, I also have to do people and planet units.

In my course structure I have HRM and Statistics as core units, and both these units are classified as people and planet units.

Can I use these two units (HRM & STATS) as my ppl/planet units??

I rather use my spare 6credit points for my 2 electives and shorten my degree. I dont want to study an extra semester.

Can anyone help? thanks

gapathetic

HSC
No, apparently you cant use your required/core subjects as your people/planet. You would have to pick different people/planet subjects. Thats what i was told at enrolment but you can email the uni to make sure.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
No, apparently you cant use your required/core subjects as your people/planet. You would have to pick different people/planet subjects. Thats what i was told at enrolment but you can email the uni to make sure.
Second this. From my understanding you can't use core units from your degree (Business Admin.)

Also not sure if you're aware of this, but one needs to be outside your discipline and one needs to be outside your faculty.

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
Hmm My situation is similar to yours, except I'm doing a BALLB (see a few threads below yours). I got 44 credit points aswell, and I managed to get both my People and Planet units exempted because they were not core subjects to my Sociology major I got them claimed under an anthropology subject and another one. The thing with people and planet unit is only one of them can be from your faculty, the other has to be from somewhere else. So you might be able to claim one of them, but the other you may have to do from another faculty - ridiculous, I know.

However it may be worth asking an academic advisor about, I think Ilija Vickovick is the go-to person for Law School exemptions, not sure about the Business Side of things.

Can I also just ask you, you mentioned you're a transferring BBALLB student in your third year. Are you transfering into the LLB segment? Or are you transfering from one BBALLB to another at Macqurie? If it's the former, do you have to start your LLB from scratch or will you be moving to the graduate program when you finish your Business Admin bachelor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)