BBus (Marketing) Vs. BA (Com - Advertising) (1 Viewer)

The_Shaman

HSC
hey all, need some information... i'm looking to transfer to either a variant of business degree with a marketing major or communications degree focusing on advertising and am looking for feedback from people that do either of these types of degree... anything would be much appreciated!

uni's i'm mainly considering are UTS, UNCLE, CSu

HSC
N/A
Are you more interested in advertising or marketing?

If you aren't sure you should consider doing B.Marketing/B.Advertising at Charles Sturt. If you do communications it's normally an arts degree and excludes business subjects like marketing. UTS's B. Arts (Comm - advertising) is very well respected but it does not allow you to have a marketing major (as far as I'm aware, but you might be able to pick up a few background units).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
One significant point is also whether you want to be doing arts or business - despite the majors being similar the remainder of the degrees probably won't be at all alike. An example would be in UTS's BA Communications you would be doing subjects studying culture, political history, media, proffessional writing all in your first year whereas the business degree would be radically different.

I'd also probably look at CSU over UTS regarding the BA Communications as well, because at CSU I think you commence your study in advertising in first year and you have the option of combining it with a BBus (Marketing) as well. On the other hand, UTS does not have a specific advertising major in their BA Communications - instead they have a Public Communications major which allows you to take up to 4 advertising subjects from second year onwards. By contrast the UTS BBus has a full Advertising major and you are also capable of taking a second major in Marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)