BCom/BA - number of days (1 Viewer)

gizmo99

HSC
How easy would it be for this course to only go to uni three days a week? Because I want to be able to work as well as go to uni

HSC
gizmo99 said:
How easy would it be for this course to only go to uni three days a week? Because I want to be able to work as well as go to uni
if you can schedule right its definitely possible. even two if you can really cram.

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
if you can schedule right its definitely possible. even two if you can really cram.

I agree. I'm doing B.Com/BA and I had a semester once with just 2 days a week.
Its about a 13hr week depending on what subjects you take.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
3 days a week ftw. 2 days would be too intense, imo.

Milla212

HSC
apparently in BComm/lib you dont have to do some of the compulsary commerce subjects if you avoid them, eg accounting etc..
is this also possible with BCom/BA??

HSC
N/A
Somewhat...

If you do a combined degree, e.g. com/arts, you do not do all 11 core subjects. If you do com/arts you only do 7 (Accounting 1A & B, Micro and Macro economics, bus. stats, business information systems, business strategy). Of course, they might change this slightly year to year.

You also get less elective units because you are reducing your degree for both commerce and arts by half a year each.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yep, you dont have to do any core commerce subjects from the b com degree. You need to do any two commerce majors, 4 arts subjects and 2 science subjects. There is only one required unit and it's more english-based

lisztphisto

HSC
stazi said:
yep, you dont have to do any core commerce subjects from the b com degree. You need to do any two commerce majors, 4 arts subjects and 2 science subjects. There is only one required unit and it's more english-based
u have to do 2 science subjects as well!?!? for combined commerce and arts???:mad: i thought that was for comm liberal

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes. my post applied to the comm/lib (sic) response

lisztphisto

HSC
ohh ok haha. what about for comm/arts? do u do 2 commmerce majors, and 2 arts majors??

stazi

Nightman
HSC
look at the handbook. seriously. you are going to fail at uni if you can't make full use of easy to navigate resources that each university makes available.

HSC
N/A
For commerce/arts you can do 3 majors between the two degrees.
E.g. two in arts and one in commerce. You need at least one major in each degree.

You get 240 credit points to play with all up between the two degrees over 5 years, so look at the arts and econ&bus handbooks and think about what majors/electives you want to take.
http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/arts/00_introduction.shtml
http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/economics_business/00_introduction.shtml

Keep in mind that you'll have less elective units than you would doing a straight degree.

this is c/p from usyd's website:

"The Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce is a 5-year full-time degree. A total of 240 credit points must be completed and must include:
  1. Six (6) Junior units of study (total of 36 credit points) as specified in the Faculty of Economics and Business Handbook.
  2. At least 72 Senior credit points from Part A in the Arts Handbook; including a major from Part A with a minimum of 16 Senior credit points.
  3. At least 96 credit points of units of study taught by the Faculty of Economics and Business.
  4. No more than 100 credit points of Junior units of study.
  5. Either an Award course major (32 credit points) or an Award course double major (48 credit points), comprising senior units of study as specified in the Faculty of Economics and Business Handbook. This major may be in one of the following areas:
  • Accounting
  • Business Information Systems
  • Commercial Law
  • Economics
  • Finance
  • Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
  • Marketing
  • Management
  • Management Science"

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Even ONE Day a week if you don't go to lectures. (Like Me in First Semester 2007).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)