• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BCom/BEco UNSW help needed (1 Viewer)

prod1gy

HSC
yeah well as the title suggests i need help choosing my subjects so far im doing commerce/economics at UNSW. my major for commerce is actuarial and for eco i have no idea a mate told me to do ACCT1501, ECON1101, MATH1151 and ACTL1001 i just realised though i cant do the ACTL1001 because its for the second semester only and wondering whats the fourth subject also if the others are correct for the first semester. lastly just wonderin if its better to combine the comm-actuarial with BScience rather than eco because of the maths and statistics and shit anyways im out help a brother out and thanks

BeeCom

HSC
yeah well as the title suggests i need help choosing my subjects so far im doing commerce/economics at UNSW. my major for commerce is actuarial and for eco i have no idea a mate told me to do ACCT1501, ECON1101, MATH1151 and ACTL1001 i just realised though i cant do the ACTL1001 because its for the second semester only and wondering whats the fourth subject also if the others are correct for the first semester. lastly just wonderin if its better to combine the comm-actuarial with BScience rather than eco because of the maths and statistics and shit anyways im out help a brother out and thanks
If you're doing ACTL/FINANCE for Commerce, I think your first sem should be:

ACCT 1A
Microeconomics
Math 1A (the math for actuarial studies)
FINS1612

As to the stats v eco part, I don't know

prod1gy

HSC
yeah thanks but a mate told me that i shouldnt do two majors for commerce because it will be too hard especially with actuarial. is this true? and yeah ill do econometrics for my major for eco

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
I don't think you can enrol in ACTL courses in your first year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)