Bcom (marketing tourism hospitality management) interviews. (1 Viewer)

hey guys did any1 actually recieve a letter from them, cause i've recieved nothin, just saw my uac number of the website

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
I received mine through email, along with the times and date for interview.

interviews

hey guys any1 did the interview 2day? how was it
what kind of questions did they ask u case i'm really scared

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
My friend did it today, however hez tryin transfer from USyd.

No need to stress about the interview, itz a walk in the park.

iheartjm

HSC
LMF^^ is right. I did my interview on the 6th.. though it might be useless to say now because all the interviews are over, (I probably should have come here earlier and freaked out as well). But the interview was great. Dr. March was very nice and the students there were very welcoming and polite. "Just treat it like a casual conversation" was the advice given to me by the person going after me. And it was exactly that. So if this thread is still around in late 06, my advice is just like LMF^^ and the person who went after me, just relax and treat it like a casual conversation. Everything that needed to be present was already present. And in terms of dress code, "you are what you were" doesn't necessarily apply. There were some who wore suits in the hot weather, who intimidated us all, and there were some, such as myself, who wore casaul (suitable) clothing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the interviewer is more interested in what you've got to say and how you present you character, rather than your choice of attire.
Best wishes for everyone who applied to the course! I hope to see you next year. *Fingers crossed I make it over the cut off*

results

hey guys did any1 actually get an e-mail or letter, from the uni, tellin u how u went in the interview, cause they said that the results will be out on the 13th and thats 2day, but i haven't recieved anythin, not even an e-mail

iheartjm

HSC
Me too! High five DanielleM!! I hope to see you next year!! *fingers cross... oh gosh oh gosh please heavens let me make the cut off*
But weirdly enough Dr. March told me that I was accepted after the interview was over. I didn't think I would have been told directly after the interview. But it's good to have it confirmed in writing.

misscow, I'm sure you'll get it soon. Or if not you have already got it. It should be posted on the site but I can't seem to find it. I guess you could always email them just to clarify whether or not you made it.

Now it's up to the 17th of December.. which is in a few days.... I'm sooo freaking scared! I desperately want to make this course.

iheartjm

HSC
DanielleM said:
I got an email today saying that l passed yay!!!
now l just need to get 88 *impossible*
I feel the same way as you do... =(
Hey you do Tourism as well don't you! I do too high five!! lol I'm so hung up on high fiving!
Well like I said I hope to see you next year...
Best wishes

DanielleM

HSC
iheartjm said:
I feel the same way as you do... =(
Hey you do Tourism as well don't you! I do too high five!! lol I'm so hung up on high fiving!
Well like I said I hope to see you next year...
Best wishes
yeah l have done tourism cert 2 u?so obviously u passed too.. just waiting for results eh?

iheartjm

HSC
Yeh wwaiting for results is the biggest biatch!!!!! I hate the wait and the longer it goes the more I think I mightn't make the cut. I was just on the site. They posted those who were accepted and there is about 101... lol yes I sat there and counted... because I've become a bit obsessive! I really hope I get in... because I will be sooo sooo disappointed if I didn't!

LMF^^ we're not guanranteed acceptance becuase like you said the UAI is the "ultimate determinant" as to whether or not you make it. So yes. lol you are right, we are not as of yet accepted... but still relatively hopeful!

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well yeah even after the UAI release you won't get the offer til January, unless there are prelim offerz which happenz to be earlier than the main round...?

Anyway it ain't hard to get in. Some ppl apply fo it cauz itz a backdoor to get to the main commerce degree (lower UAI requirement), if they end up wit higher UAI than they expected then they might not even consider the marketin tourism course.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hm... I thought you need 88 to be competitive in the course. Oh well you might get lucky, or you can wait fo the latter roundz.

iheartjm

HSC
Congrats DanielleM.... Looks like you and I will be seeing each other within a few weeks time! If anyone would like to add me also? LoL I'm at annie_lam_88@hotmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)