BComm Business Information Systems (BIS) Major Usefulness? (1 Viewer)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
So a friend of mine was looking to major in Business Analytics (Stats) through his Commerce Degree as the field is said to be quite lucrative with heaps of job opportunities. However I was reading up on this and found out that the overall consensus seems to be that when it comes to firms hiring they're going to opt to hire people who did a major in stats through a BSci or BMaths as opposed to a BComm.

I was keen on doing a major in Information Systems alongside Accounting through a BComm degree but I wasn't too sure if the same case that applied for a stats major through Commerce would apply for BIS as there are actual degrees for BIS instead.

TLDR: Wouldn't firms rather hire someone who did a degree in Information Systems than a Commerce Student who majored in BIS.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't really think there is a difference. Except an IS degree is more comprehensive and you get exposed to more technical aspects.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is this for data analytics?

You need to learn that in a proper maths or statistics degree.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Don't really think there is a difference. Except an IS degree is more comprehensive and you get exposed to more technical aspects.
So in terms of big IS firms recruiting, do you reckon they won't look the other way if its a Com Grad who did BIS as opposed to a IT/IS degree?

Is this for data analytics?

You need to learn that in a proper maths or statistics degree.
Na I'm more interested for Business Information Systems, The Data Analytics was just an example I heard and I'm wondering if the same applies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)