Bcommerce double degree (1 Viewer)

gh0stface

HSC
How many hrs would i be at uni a week if im doing a double degree as opposed to a single commerce degree? assuming im doing full time

Also, a double degree is when you do both degrees at the same time? Can you do them one right after you completed another.'

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
theres not much difference in the number of hours you take. You just end staying at uni longer.

gh0stface

HSC
assuming im doing full time, wouldnt i have to attend the extra tutorials for economics each week.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
not really. Each course has a set number of lectures and tutes. You're doing 4 courses a semester, just like any other full time student, whether they're doing a single degree or a double.

Double degrees are no different to single degrees. You only go to uni for 4 years instead of 3 (in my case)

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
A single commerce degree is about 12 hours per week.

Suppose you're combining with an engineering degree which is about 24 hours per week.

Each semester, you'll be doing about 24UOC (just like everyone else), so lets say you have 2 commerce subjects and 2 engineering subjects each worth 6 UOC, you can expect to be doing about 18 hours per week.

So yes, since commerce is a degree with one of the least hours per week, you'll likely be doing a few hours more than a normal commerce degree, but that's because you're taking non-commerce classes that have more hours, not because you're doing anything more per week.

erm

HSC
Keep in mind that if u look at the plan for commerce/engineering you don't start the commerce component in the first year

gh0stface

HSC
^ so id be doin engineering for my entire first year? does this apply for comm/science and comm/economics aswell?

erm

HSC
^ so id be doin engineering for my entire first year? does this apply for comm/science and comm/economics aswell?
Correct (i am doing it).

For the others, look up the program in the handbook.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Your hours would be exactly the same for a single or a double degree, a double degree just takes away some gen-eds and some common subjects.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
I do com/arts - its only 1 or 2hrs extra than a single com degree per sem.
Would be similar for com/eco or rather, com/eco = com in terms of hrs it should , depending on the subjects later on the in the courses

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
If you're doing com/eng, you're gonna have a shit timetable regardless because you have pracs.

Com/eco kids have no real difference with the amount of hours we do. We're just at university for another year or 2.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
Keep in mind that if u look at the plan for commerce/engineering you don't start the commerce component in the first year
Of course you don't _have_ to start commerce subjects in second year but start them in first year if you want.

kkzz0818

HSC
:spzz:yepp im doing engineering/commerce this year and ive already set my timetable...
A staggering 23 hours per week....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)