• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

be a mod and get paid!!! (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
Online Community Moderator

Work from home
Some weekend work
Computer games industry

Habbo Hotel moderators are part-time staff who deal with live, in-game customer service "calls for help" (text not phone). Reporting to the Hotel's Community Manager, moderators must be 18 years of age or older and have a genuine interest in supervising and assisting teens online. This is not a call centre or sales role

These jobs are well suited to Psychology and Education students. Moderators can work remotely and are not required to work in the local country offices. Shifts are 4hrs and these are between 9am and 1am daily with up to 25 hours a week available. *Full paid training will be provided to successful applicants.

Desired skills:

Internet and computer savvy

Excellent typing ability

Good communication skills

Customer service experience

Supervisory experience

Ability to be fair and impartial

Cool, calm exterior

Ability to deal with frustrated or angry teens

Problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills

Job requirements:

Broadband Internet connection and working computer with up to date antivirus

Telephone connection/Mobile Phone

Criminal background check

Fluent in English

Must be available for some Friday and Saturday night shifts

What is Habbo?
Habbo Hotel is an online game and community where teenagers can chat, make new friends. Each person in the hotel is represented by a personalized figure called a Habbo. It's a non-violent and creative environment that is about meeting other teenagers, expressing oneself and having fun. Habbo Hotel provides a safe and creative environment to try out different roles, develop self-confidence, and express oneself in a way that may not be possible in real life.

Want to see what we’re on about? Go to www.habbohotel.com.au and have a look around.

How much? $15/hr AUD + super

Still sounds interesting? Then forward a CV and cover letter to us.

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a call centre or sales role

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/...lID=1&SiteID=1&JobId=6024596&Keywords=student

hApPy1

HSC
see id apply straight away but im not 18!...whats more annoying is that ii easily fit teh criteria and have had experience as a telemarketer + want to do psychology next yr :( McDonalds, here i come

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Komaticom said:
Austrian Dollar?
Australian Dollars
USD is US dollars
AUD is australian, i suppose you don't do much product browsing on the net

theone123

blue essence
HSC
iambored said:
Australian Dollars
USD is US dollars
AUD is australian, i suppose you don't do much product browsing on the net
i think he was being sacastic

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
They had this advertised on the Macquarie Uni careers website a little while ago; more or less exactly the same wording for it, too. I personally can't help but think it'd be a bloody boring job; power trips over 15 year olds who're swearing and cyber-raping aren't my thing... but then maybe I've got an inaccurate impression of Habbo hotel...

That said, good luck to anyone who applies!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol damn, my sarcasm detector isn't working well lately, even irl

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
They had this advertised on the Macquarie Uni careers website a little while ago; more or less exactly the same wording for it, too. I personally can't help but think it'd be a bloody boring job; power trips over 15 year olds who're swearing and cyber-raping aren't my thing... but then maybe I've got an inaccurate impression of Habbo hotel...

That said, good luck to anyone who applies!
Exactly my thoughts when I saw it on the Mac site.

Although I was gonna apply to see what it was like (and you can bum around on BoS at the same time) :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I went to an interview for this job months ago when it was advertised before, and the whole way through they led me on as if I was going to get it, were talking about how my experience would be great yadda yadda.... and then they never contacted me. How annoying. Plus the place was a bitch to find and I got rained on on the way there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)