be creative within this strict set of guidelines (1 Viewer)

sixfingers

I'm looking for some suggestions on the "creative" piece we have to write. Not content, questions, especially those that set up strict confines and parameters for your creativity, stifling it and forcing you to choose between writing about cliches or the ridiculous.

I'm not bitter, but I do need practice, any question suggestions?

Thanks.

ben

Originally posted by sixfingers
I'm looking for some suggestions on the "creative" piece we have to write. Not content, questions, especially those that set up strict confines and parameters for your creativity, stifling it and forcing you to choose between writing about cliches or the ridiculous.

I'm not bitter, but I do need practice, any question suggestions?

Thanks.
I'm hoping WE DON'T have to write on something that forces us to write on a specific topic.

I'm hoping we get a general question that I can adapt my memorised scenario to :D ... otherwise I'm screwed if I have to write about high school or something cliche...

but last year's markers complained everyone talked about high school and finishing the HSC - so it's likely they'll try and shift us away from that this year.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Utterly contrived, but possible:

Start your composition with ONE of the following:

- "This was the start of my change."

- "I felt changed."

- "'I can't change!' he cried."

Maybe. Sorry for being worthless. :)

sixfingers

Yeah I figure we'll probably get that sort of "it will never be the same again" intro and get to run with it.

i think i'll set myself a personal challenge of writing about change but never actually mentioning the word change.

and thanks for the 'not writing about the hsc' tip I wasn't aware of that.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by sixfingers
i think i'll set myself a personal challenge of writing about change but never actually mentioning the word change.
"But how will you show change if you don't use the word?" the markers cry.
And give you zero. :D

Aren't these 'Creative' tasks wonderful?

sixfingers

Yes the markers cry...just as planned.

See I figure by forcing myself to write about change but not mentioning it I am actually making it into a creative task. I therefore satisfy a higher aim of personal fulfillment with my own creative ability which I am pretending to be interested in as a coping mechanism for pathetic marks I am inevitably going to receive.

hmmm...i think the grammer in that sentence explains why pathetic marks are inevitable

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
" going out with a homeless man that lived in a box" how that changed my world --

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
it can be anything eh

practice with these ones;

"breaking out of the mold - how it happened"

"breaking out of the mould - how it happened"

actually maybe they'll get us to do something gay like reflect on our process of growing up so far. help

sixfingers

yeh man I wish I had bothered to grow up, it would make this so much easier.

I just wrote one about a junkie bum who lives in a festering apartment and accidently killed his girlfriend. He also has a hunch. Maybe you should read it Luge to check its authenticity.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
hey sheath, yeah send it to me (the hunch story)
ps i dont get the 75.9 thing

ok ok try this one

its from sydney gramma 2002 trial
its a bit of a shit...

"A Martian sends a postcard home" . In 300 words or less, write about something familiar as though you are seeing it through unfamiliar eyes.

now that is scary because i think it is implicit that you have to write about change and they only mention that in the rubric.
and 300 words is only one page of my hand writing.
very scary question

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
oh do you mean 75.9 %?

ps i dont think martians speak english! help this question is gay

sixfingers

oath write in gibberish

i saw that question and decided to burn it in an unbridled fit of rage at its stupidity

yeh its it bit hard to worm change into that one - do you have to contrast the martian's experience on earth with his experienceon his home planet? i don't know what they expect.

do you really want me to scan it in and send it?
can we barter?

ps toilet refered to spew
maybe i should have said wall

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
haha or instead of wall, maybe jacket

.. in the case of some people..

only scan it if you want to. i am impartial

yeah im doing that question now. i really want the martian to say he bombed somewhere but im scared i'll get arrested or something.

hey check your PM. go into "user cp" at the top of the page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)