BE/ME Electrical Engineering vs B Engineering/B Commerce (1 Viewer)

Sp3ctre

HSC
Hi, I'm currently doing electrical engineering (BE/ME) at UNSW, but I'm not sure if I should continue with this or transfer to a dual degree in electrical engineering and commerce. Would a master's degree or double degree be better in this case for job prospects and what sort of jobs am I more likely to find with each degree? Also there should be no problems with the internal program transfer since the courses I'm doing this year are the ones which I would've done if I had chosen the dual degree this year too. Thanks in advance!

mantequilla

HSC
Less range, but better engineering jobs with the master's. Do the commerce if you're not certain you want to do engineering.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Less range, but better engineering jobs with the master's. Do the commerce if you're not certain you want to do engineering.
Right, so if I was certain in doing engineering would commerce be kind of useless to study? Thanks for the reply

mantequilla

HSC
Pretty much. Obviously having a commerce degree would be helpful, but not as much as a master's. From what I've read, having a master's is when you get to the interesting stuff. You can also get a master's later but that would take even longer. You're options are wide open, but yes, basically if you definitely want to be an engineer you should do the master's.

Sp3ctre

HSC
What do you even want to work as? Why Commerce?

BTW, you can get into most business roles without a commerce degree as they have no requirements of majors.
Engineer, I thought commerce would be useful for having a degree in any situation but apparently that's not the case

Now I understand most people do engineering and commerce because they are still unsure of what they want to do after uni

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)