Beating the James Ruseans (1 Viewer)

thewhitecomet

HSC
yeah makes me think i shoulda done some more accelerated subjects... all we're doing now is acc maths, which i think is pretty useless. considering just about everyone's taking up 4U.

well, for one. i think that 200 a grade in year 12 is a lot of guys, i'm not sure if that's common or anything in other schools but to me it seems fairly bloated. all through juniour school 180 was fine. and some senior imports (stress the SOME) shouldn't be here. it's so obvious they're sport imports that there's no doubt it's based on anything but their athletic merit. anyone else see the herald article? mentioning a certain guy in my grade who is now back at waverley where he belongs? jaggar's comment in the herald on how all boys are chosen purely on academic ability is BS. aaron chandra on academic merit? he jigged all his half yearly exams and literally ended up with raw 0 in several subjects. again, i'm saying that this is obviously a minority as there are around half a dozen or so of 26 imports each year in this case.

Last edited:

NightShadow

HSC
thats actually a liE :p

sure they accelerate...in fact...two....IPT and SDD BUT...these scale down...and i think only the top few people like...top 10 even consider using it towards their UAI

AG is NOT COMPULSORY in the HSC...they cant legally make you do a subject...thats stupid...so although AG is compulsory..you dont have to do HSC AG

NO one..does accelerated MATHs...except for like..2 nerds...thats it...

so anyway...more evidence that ruse doesn't rely on accelerated subjects is that everyone takes over 10 units anyway...usually 12....

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
James ruse use the tactic of accelerating alot of subjects, so the kids have the advantage of only having to do 3-4 exams during the HSC, contrary to us suckers doing 6-7 (including paper1/2 english)
Don't forget they use witch doctors too, and black magic sometimes.

How do you people make up this rubbish?

HSC
Skywalker said:
Don't forget they use witch doctors too, and black magic sometimes.

How do you people make up this rubbish?
You're saying that what Casmira said is untrue, yes? You sir, are an idiot.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
24 said:
You're saying that what Casmira said is untrue, yes? You sir, are an idiot.
Perhaps you go to uni everday with a quarter of a James Ruse grade. If you do, please forgive me for getting my facts wrong.

HSC
Skywalker said:
Perhaps you go to uni everday with a quarter of a James Ruse grade. If you do, please forgive me for getting my facts wrong.
Where did i state the entire james ruse grade does this tactic , lets have a look

Casmira said:
James ruse use the tactic of accelerating alot of subjects, so the kids have the advantage of only having to do 3-4 exams during the HSC, contrary to us suckers doing 6-7 (including paper1/2 english)
So lets have a look here, I have a general statement basically saying "James ruse use this tactic, so whoever does use it, has the advantage of blah blah blah"

My point is students at james ruse use this tactic, not all, of course not all, but they use this tactic none the less, i only stated that they do.

HSC
brilliance** said:
in answer to your question "Where did i state the entire james ruse grade does this tactic":
when you say "james ruse use", you are immediately implying that the whole school is undergoing the accelerated courses mentioned.
when you say, "contrary to us suckers", you are immediately implying (within the context of your quote) that it is only James Ruse who undergoes accelerated courses for "a lot subjects"...

.... hence, you have implied that "the whole James Ruse grade uses this tactic" - along with the whole school....
however, please forgive us... or me, rather... for assuming so quickly.
perhaps you needed a bit more time to refine your statements above.
and also, could I ask what your sources are?? I mean, did you even go to ruse yourself?...
I will admit that I don't go to such a prestigious school as ruse myself, but from my perspective, I do think that what you said is a little bit........... misleading.
I said "james ruse use" because im implying a general statement, ie. that school uses this tactic, not every student in that school uses this tactic, we aren't arguing its a misfuckunderstanding

so lets just leave at that, i meant that the school simply employs that tactic, i really have no fucking idea how many students use it, but i know its done

jarrypan

Mr.
HSC
James Ruse......???

I think they are good because they are diligent

HSC
no shit, im not trying to discard that, but i can imagine that more than dilligence will get you an average uai of 99 uai in a school

Mumma

HSC
Girraween high is proven to be about 3-4 times better than james ruse.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Mumma said:
Girraween high is proven to be about 3-4 times better than james ruse.
LOL. Proven? In what way?

aaaman

Banned
HSC
NightShadow said:
thats actually a liE :p

sure they accelerate...in fact...two....IPT and SDD BUT...these scale downQUOTE]

sdd scales up dumb fuck :mad:

2001 = +0.9%
2002 = +1.1%
2003 = +0.6%

think b4 u say stupid shit

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
lets get back to the topic of sydney boys (who cares about ruse anyway, they''ll top every year until some other school beats them and then asain parents will send their kids to that school and its dynasty will begin).
i do reckon high is on its way to hsc recovery starting from this year. english is definitely being overturned and revolutionised, and should prob manage an above the state average (yes last year ext english average at high was below state average). ALOT of the shit english teachers like selway and shepherd and jones and gilligan are gone. maths is on fire and blazing ahead of the others. social sciences and sciences and the others are also slowly but steadily improving with young blood like howie and brewer. sure, the class of 05 is extremely sports oriented but a lot of these guys like mischa are also doing very well academically. i do believe that my grade (class of 06) can crack into top 5. jaggar once mentioned that he wants us to be the best boys only selective school in the state (cya nsbhs!!), and i reckon we can do it, which is exactly why tanvir and chris rodrigo and ashan are doing that whole student advancement program survey thingo to improve us. we might even beat the girls school in 06 (i remember the first time sghs beat us lyk 4 years ago it was all over the newspapers, and theyve been owning us ever since). high is also following in ruse's footsteps to increase the number of band 6s with more and more ppl accelerating geography (like myself), mod history, 2u maths, music and apparently pdhpe next year (??). sure, we hav a lot of bludgers who just dont give a shit (where did Matthew Cousins come form??) but i'm sure all schools have those. class of 04 did do quite badly with 5 ppl repeating this year, but there were also a few great results:
clement lau and philip yang 99.95
ivan guo and i think varun harish 99.8
terence law 99.75
tanvir ahmed 99.7
etc..

p.s. who are u all sikeveo, danza, whitecomet and templar? its really frustrating knowing that u are talking to ppl in yur grade u know but u dont know who they are here. :) kaivan here btw.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
aaaman said:
it fuckin scales up n it sez so in sam

http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php

dumb fucks
"A course loading of 0 means that the candidature of the course was average, and hence that the course had average scaling. Courses with positive loadings had above average scaling. Similarly, courses with negative loadings had below average scaling."

To me, that sounds like SDD scales above average, but where does it say that the average scaling is 0? It could very well be a negative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)