• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Beating the James Ruseans (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Bookie said:
Ok, the Big man today said that although the High class of 05 was smart, he thought that our High class of 06 should get at least 40 - if not 50, 99+. I dont know if this is a gee-up, but having 50 guys 99 would be fuggin amazing. We'll overturn JR anyday.
Unfortunately for you, the school ranks are based on the number of band 6 results obtained by each school, not the UAI.

danza108

HSC
Yea thats whats annoying, stupid schools getting band 6s in General Maths and beating schools like High are not exactly better than High.

Bookie, did Bigelow say that in Maths or overall, because i hear Vinh is Ivan Guo standard, as is Anthony Morris in yr 10. I went to talk to Choy about 4u inequalities, Morris knew the names of them already in yr 10.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Bigs said overall, he expected at least 40 Uais over 99. I'm just hoping hes correct. And you should get off the computer. Go study and good luck.

trebla said:
Unfortunately for you, the school ranks are based on the number of band 6 results obtained by each school, not the UAI
Yeah, it is a bit unfortunate.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Either way James Ruse would still beat SBHS in UAI even if you did manage to get 50 people getting over 99.00. The median UAI last year at James Ruse was 99.5 and it may rise or hover close to it in the coming years. This means that up to 100 people (There is usually a large candidature of about 200+ people in year 12 at James Ruse) would have got above 99.5 and even more would have got above 99.00.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I suppose. Well those fuckers should stop going to loser schools like that. I think all smart people should start shifting to Fort Street or Sydney Tech - raise these shit schools profiles a bit.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Bookie said:
Ok, the Big man today said that although the High class of 05 was smart, he thought that our High class of 06 should get at least 40 - if not 50, 99+.
He also said Ivan Guo was unrivalled and going to top maths.

danza108 said:
Bookie, did Bigelow say that in Maths or overall, because i hear Vinh is Ivan Guo standard, as is Anthony Morris in yr 10. I went to talk to Choy about 4u inequalities, Morris knew the names of them already in yr 10.
Vinh is not Ivan standard. By year 11 Ivan already had an IMO bronze medal, while Vinh was only the reserve this year. Anthony Morris, however, does indeed have the potential to go all the way to the top, but still has some work to do.

There is no doubt that both are good and have a chance of topping maths in their respective years, but knowledgewise it's not the same.

danza108

HSC
Templar said:
He also said Ivan Guo was unrivalled and going to top maths.

Vinh is not Ivan standard. By year 11 Ivan already had an IMO bronze medal, while Vinh was only the reserve this year. Anthony Morris, however, does indeed have the potential to go all the way to the top, but still has some work to do.

There is no doubt that both are good and have a chance of topping maths in their respective years, but knowledgewise it's not the same.
Thats true, it depends on the actual state cohort, but as Choy told me, Ivan was screwed over by an "easy" test and if he had been in 2003, he would have topped it, with all respect to the View boy of course. I heard Vinh got 119.5/120 for the 2u trial, set by Choy, thats a repsectable mark =P, btw who are you Templar, must have certainly been good at maths.

danza108

HSC
Yea the highest Yr 12 was 111, followed by 110.5. THe guy who got 111 came 5th overall.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bookie said:
I suppose. Well those fuckers should stop going to loser schools like that. I think all smart people should start shifting to Fort Street or Sydney Tech - raise these shit schools profiles a bit.
Aren't those both selective highs anyway?

They're also a bit far to travel compared to JR, Baulko, Hornsby, Normo, etc..
[edit: I mean the people that tend to go to these schools tend not to live too far away]

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Ahh ok Dan. I caem 36th overall.

seremify007 said:
Aren't those both selective highs anyway?

They're also a bit far to travel compared to JR, Baulko, Hornsby, Normo, etc..
[edit: I mean the people that tend to go to these schools tend not to live too far away]
Theyre dumb selective schools.

A;though a majority live around the ares, a lot still travel there, but the travel to Tech or FS isnt as complicated as it is to go to JR.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Of course it's dependent on where you live- I thought FS is meant to be quite good.. one of my friends from primary skipped year6 and went straight into year7 there.

Btw have you ever heard of the concept of "Value adding"? A teacher from Sydney Girls was explaining this to me that some schools are very good at improving the education of people (eg. My grade was people frm top 25% of state in year7- but they expect us to be mostly in top 4% for HSC) whilst others are only good at maintaining (eg. Ruse)- but then that's probably because they already take the cream of the crop to begin with.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I find solitude in remembering the James Ruse was a convict farmer in colonial Australia.

All those Ruseans follow in the footsteps of a criminal.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ROFL wasn't he one of the first ppl to be given land? I think his name is on one of the walls in Castle Towers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)