beauty in the media... (1 Viewer)

angel313

HSC
hey people
im looking at the effects of media on beauty perceptions and was wondering if anyone wanted to write what they though so that i can use it as a part of some research... i am using it for an assignment

luisalow1

HSC
Well, basically, everyone gets g'd up 'cos models are skinny, attractive, they don't display the image of most females, etc.

They're meant to be this goddess image to sell stuff basically, unreachable.. etc.

Like shit, models look completely different when a photo shoot's been edited.

I ALWAYS have dark circles, either they put ten inches of makeup on, or they edit it out..

The media in terms of body image may change, they might revert back to the classic hourglass, womanly, big boobs... but not everyone has that either? That was the look in the nineties? I'm not actually getting as much work now 'cos companies look at agencies for their androgynous bodies, and I'm a size 6 and a D so it's a bit hard.

This is really a train of thought for me, but, when I went to June Dally-Watkins, they just basically said, if you look after yourself, dress to your physique, stay healthy, you will feel great about yourself, no matter how thin, tall, short etc you are.

And it's true. My friend who's a size 14, developed so much confidence, and loves herself. The media doesn't affect her.. I don't understand why these images affect people so greatly.

But thats just me, and I'm really out of it right now.

angel313

HSC
Exphate said:
You are aware there is a specific forum for these PIP things aren't you?

It's pretty hard to miss.

[/moronism]
ah yeah i do realise that but if you think about it more people will talk about beauty and fashion in a beauty anf fashion thread so it seemed better i put it in here because people come to this thread because they want to talk about it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)