Beef Jerky/Biltong (1 Viewer)

HSC
SAMEOS. cept biltong is like 79.99kg so its kinda an expensive taste!

CieL

HSC
Beef jerky.... I've had asian versions of that and love it lots.... but not sure about Biltong, and what the differences are meant to be..... like why would it be so expensive o_O

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
ya beef jerkys the best..but yea the reason its so expensive is prolly cos it takes such a big chunk of meat to turn into one strip of jerky

HSC
yeah. Biltongs from South Africa. I think thats the only real difference. Also you can't get biltong in like a packet like u can chips. lol

CieL

HSC
Beef jerky from Singapore is the best.. there's this one chain with a bright yellow background n chinese characters (forget what)... I think it's something that sounds like "beeee"... Anyways, htey make the best stuff for a reasonable price.. Used to buy a whole bagful of meat n chew on it whilst walking X] Those were the days....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I found some reasonably priced home-made jerky available. I've ordered a small quantity for a sample and will get back to you on what I think of it. I may even resell it from this guy, as I'd be able to sell it for about $80/kg, as opposed to the $150 or so that you would have to pay normally

Legham

HSC
I've never had it or even seen it before! The only place i've heard of it on was the simpsons.. Isn't it really unhealthy?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
beef and pork jerky rocks man
i bought like a pound of those in HK for around $8AU....but man theyre soo addictive

Skeeta

HSC
Legham said:
I've never had it or even seen it before! The only place i've heard of it on was the simpsons.. Isn't it really unhealthy?
I dont think its THAT bad for you. But its probably not much healthier than other snack foods. It pretty much salted and dried out meat. So its hard/leathery. And you just chew on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)