Beergirl's Round 1 Wrap Up (NRL) (1 Viewer)

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Panthers v Knights :D :D :D
14-20

Tigers v Sharks
12-6

Bulldogs v Eels
48-14

Cowboys v Sea Eagles
20-24

Broncos v Warriors
28-20

Dragons v Raiders
12-21

Roosters v Rabbitohs
26-16

I would do this more detailed... but eh.. cant be stuffed at the moment

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
god dammit if we coverted all our tries it would of been a better contest!!! (warriors)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
beergirl, I can tell we're going to get along this footy season. ;-p hehe, just ask rhapsodyinblack, I was sitting at the annandale hotel watching the game on friday night and at the end I hugged the bartender (a knights fan) and did my victory dance.

KNIGHTS FOR 2004 PREMIERS. :)

i'm thinking this is joey's last season though :\

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
W00T for the knights :D:D Why would you think it's Joey's last season though? He's still pretty young isn't he?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
he'll goto union i reckon. first of all, he's good enough, and with george gregan retiring there might be room for him in that department, if not fly half. and also, he'll most likely earn more in his short union career than he ever has in his entire league career!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by copious
he'll goto union i reckon. first of all, he's good enough, and with george gregan retiring there might be room for him in that department, if not fly half. and also, he'll most likely earn more in his short union career than he ever has in his entire league career!
yeah i also reckon johns will switch to union - didnt he consider it for this year?

by the way, i was at the roosters game, and damn, even though we won, that was the most sloppyest game the roosters have played for like 2 years (imo)

and Wing is injured now too :(

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
I hope it isnt joey's last season this year... but if he does make a decision and decides to retire (or go 2 union, god forbid!) he's going to put in more effort and so will the rest of the squad... so our chances of winning the premiership this year will increase - more so!

Go knights...

would u guys mind if i do a footy wrap up every week?

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I think Joey would fit in very nicely into the Wallabies.............he would definitely have to play for the Tahs.....................replace Whittaker (mind you there's nothing wrong with Mr. Whittaker, he's doing a great job atm)............

Joeys kikcing game would b perfect...........cross field bombs............setting up tuiquiri and sailor................hmmm...........now there's a League connection..............

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
he's 30 this yr

if not the last season, one of the last
Wow.. time goes by fast.. doesn't seem so long ago that he started out for the Knights...actually that was back when i was in year 3...he's had a good run, hopefully he'll end his league career with his 3rd premiership with the knights. Then he should have a go at Union, goodness knows he deserves to make a little cash if he so desires

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
whittaker can goto england like everyone else. looks like king carlos is out for a while, bring back merhtens!

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Merhtens will be on the bench and would come on in the 75th minute..........when the game is out of reach.....................like against the Tahs...........

Pace Setter

We've got a better chance of winning this year than 2001. Usually our defence and stamina are our weaknesses, so if we can keep Friday's effort up, as well as keeping our attacking prowess, not many teams will do well against us.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I can't believe Craig Wing is one crutches. It's so depressing. But we can win if we just put that appauling effort from Sunday night behind us.

Up the chooks!

Pace Setter

The main reason for the Roosters success in the last 2-3 years has been their "innovation" of the rush-on defence, a form of play that would have been penalised in most previous years. Round One has shown us that most other teams are now employing the same tactics, so we'll see how the Roosters cope without this significant advantage this year.

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
pfft knights "are proud to be rooster clones"...
EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!!!

geez the knights would never want to be like the goosters!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by beergirl
EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!!!

geez the knights would never want to be like the goosters!
Nice argument but Andrew Johns admitted it himself in his Sunday Telegraph column. You lose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)