Beginning Stages of IP Logbook (Performance) (1 Viewer)

katherine2536

HSC
I've just started year 12 and I'm having trouble with my IP logbook. I'm still looking into and researching various monologues and plays that I could adapt to a monologue, but I'm not sure how to show this process, aside from writing it out. I've put in a few pages about choosing performance and a little about possibly styles, but basically I'm open to a wide range of stuff. I've got no problems once I start working on a piece but at the moment, I'm not sure how to expand on my logbook in terms of choosing scripts. Especially in terms of articles, pictures, lyrics, poems, stories etc etc, all that. If anyone who give me some advice, or a bit of info on what they did, for the very-initial-choosing-the-script part of the process in the logbook, I'd appreciate it a lot.
Thanks heaps.

SituationNoir

HSC
I've just started my log book aswell and basically, I looked at monologues and then found something about the play they came from and the playright/author. As far as lyrics/stories/poems etc, thats just background info. I generally give a few pages to each script and paste in all sorts of stuff, after the monologue and general info. Anything relating to the issues brought up in the play or the character I'm considuring. I sort of scrapbook my logbook, it's neat and yeah..it looks reasonably well presented. There's no RIGHT or WRONG way of doing your initial research, just so long as you get it all down.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yep, there's no right or wrong way. generally speaking you should be writing down everything you do, all decisions, paste in every script you look at, say where its from and who wrote it and why you're interested - is it the character or the style or the actual script or all of the above...what are its strengths and weaknesses, how could you adapt it into a performance piece. everything. the more you analyse each script the more clearly you should begin to see what you want to do... discuss things like the performance styles you want to do and the ideas you have re: costuming, lighting, blocking, for each script - if you have any interesting ideas on how you could stage something, try it out, experiment with it and record how it went. just keep on doing that until you find what you're gonna do and then, well you know what to do from there. good luck :D

blueyez

HSC
the first half of my logbook ended up being random monologues, articles and excerpts from books. i looked at ideas presented and what i liked about each thing i pasted in. later when i wrote my monologue i looked back at what i had written about each thing and incorporated bits into my performance.

well thats what i did and it worked for me.

oh, also i have to say write something in your logbooks now(gp and ip), anything, start the process. some people i know had to try and fill in pages at the last minute. not a good idea.

i started with what i thought made a good monologue, then wrote what my strengths and weaknesses were and looked at different styles of performance etc etc etc... you get the picture. just start now, write anything, it can be as rough as you like, good luck.

Maz6277

HSC
chuck in anything and everything that inspires you! i make sure I have every thought written down.

random question.. do we need dates? ..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Maz6277 said:
chuck in anything and everything that inspires you! i make sure I have every thought written down.

random question.. do we need dates? ..
yes, you need dates. well technically speaking you dont HAVE to put them but its very stupid not to.

kriz-p

HSC
hey im having heaps of troubles with starting my IP log 4 performance too!!!! im sort of stuck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)