Beijing Olympics 2008 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

gavvsy

HSC
i reckon Michael Phelps is the greatest swimmer of all time. the bloke's gonna win like 20+ golds by the time his retired. no one can beat him at the moment, admittly there's no one near good enough in the events he swins in to post a challenge.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
stazi said:
only the jumping is ok. the rest are shit. really, you have to be pretty boring to enjoy it. i'd rather watch the grass grow during lawn bowls.
:p I used to not like dressage but I do now that I appreciate the years and years and YEARS of training that go into it, and the absolute precision of their movements. It's like watching a dance.

old.skool.kid

HSC
stazi said:
lol apparently the chick singing in the olympic ceremony was lipsynching
Yer that was so obvious watching that, all those kids were. Who cares though

Zrap

glock9
HSC
When was our latest gold, fuck not being able to watch it!

HSC
Phelps=best swimmer ever. hope he gets MORE than 8 golds. :)

& does anyone know if channel 7 are going to put any tennis matches [like Nadal&Federer ones]?

bawd

HSC
Who's collecting the Coca-Cola contour glasses from McDonald's? I've got the Basketball (Week 2) one because they ran out of the Week 1 glass in the first day and they had to reorder! lol @ the Olympic spirit. I'm waiting for my friend who works at Macca's to get me the Swimming (Week 1) and Athletics (Week 3) glasses.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
stazi said:
That's not that important, really. A lot of people keep saying 'omg we're so orsum. we only have 20 million people and we get more medals than countries with 50 billion people'. Our government simply spends a shitload of money on sporting development, which leads to better training of athletes (plus let's not forget how many of our athletes were born overseas). It's more appropriate to look at economic and cultural conditions: for example, it's impressive that india won their first gold ever despite having a huge population given the state of the country. Similarly, it's amazing Togo won a medal given the state of social unrest there (civil wars, violence, guerrilla groups, low GDP/capita).
100% agree

tbh aussies can be poor losers sometimes (myself included a lot of the time), always need to find some 'excuse' to make us come off better

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just caught up on all the action via fast forward. luckily not much was on that interested me. good work by steph rice again

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Kwayera said:
:p I used to not like dressage but I do now that I appreciate the years and years and YEARS of training that go into it, and the absolute precision of their movements. It's like watching a dance.
yeah, but dancing is gay

xxxx8888

HSC
stazi said:
lol apparently the chick singing in the olympic ceremony was lipsynching
i know... they showed both the girls in the paper and my friend asked if she got plastic surgery... lol. that's so sad... the other girl wasn't even ugly. she was cuter. lol. oh, i don't believe that last minute 'she was too old' excuse.

anyways i saw phelps win another gold at uni. and i swear the women are getting really muscly... my friend was like, 'they look like a guy from the back' and i agree.

they were showing men's swimming and i thought it was the women's.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the women in the swimming were always muscly. you know how they push their performance? train hard. you know what training develops? muscles.

karoooh

HSC
Is 7 just repeating the women's gymnastics from this arvo? Deja vu. Lame. And I don't feel like watching men's football right now. :(

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
cameroon v italy was the shittest football match i've ever seen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)