being accepted into first choice in main round = not considered for other rounds? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i read on the usyd website that usyd will not consider you if you received an offer which was your first preference in the main round. my question is this: does this apply to all other universities?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i read on the usyd website that usyd will not consider you if you received an offer which was your first preference in the main round. my question is this: does this apply to all other universities?
no, that's also probably wrong for usyd

HSC
no, that's also probably wrong for usyd
i would love for it to be wrong for usyd.

however:
Being considered in the Early February and Final rounds

You will not necessarily be considered for the Early February and Final Rounds. Why?

If you receive your first preference in the Main Round, your application is considered complete and you will not be considered for the Early February and Final Rounds.

If you receive your second, third, fourth or beyond preference, you will be considered for all courses above your offered course in subsequent rounds. This means that if you received a Main Round Offer for the Bachelor of Arts at Sydney and it was your third preference, you will be re-considered for your first and second preferences in the Early February Round but no preferences beyond that.

HSC
yes. when i got an offer i moved it down my list and then i got another offer
grand stuff, great to hear - although this would completely contradict what usyd stated on their admissions website, would it not? but i'd still love to take on any glimmer of hope i can get :O

thanks much to all for the response!

spence

HSC
the stuff on the site probably means you won't get an offer if you got your first preference and didn't change them afterwards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)