Being Born Gay? (1 Viewer)

Darkening

HSC
Its a chemical in the mind my teacher saids, but I would say its the surroundings!! Being born in a all male world would make you gay for sure!

robo-andie

HSC
davin said:
i always thought lefties were defective.

seriously though, i don't think that handedness would be the same, in that i don't think that there is an innate element of nuture to it, unless you want to get into forcing someone to change hands.

also, its tough to say there's no gene.....scientists really aren't sure on what everything in the human genome does
Well, we are all born bipotential, there are however predispositions to handedness. These predispositions can be overcome within the first few years of a childs life - that is apparently when all this is decided.

... and lefties aren't defective, just less common. :p

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Darkening said:
Its a chemical in the mind my teacher saids, but I would say its the surroundings!! Being born in a all male world would make you gay for sure!
bit of a problem with that statement buddy.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Darkening said:
oh is that where homosexuals come from.

:/

davin

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Well, we are all born bipotential, there are however predispositions to handedness. These predispositions can be overcome within the first few years of a childs life - that is apparently when all this is decided.

... and lefties aren't defective, just less common. :p
ain't called scoundrel-handed for nothing

this is, perhaps, a self-fulfilling prophecy, but left-handed people will be my demise

davin

HSC
N/A
maybe its because your sig backs up my point fully. at least based on what i can guess your view of bush is

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
robo-andie said:
I would like to know that actually, is there any scientific research done which supports the existence of a straight gene?

If you don't have a straight gene you can conclude that sexual preference isn't genetic (which I think they have already done??).

I personally think it is a combination of nature and nurture. Just like handedness.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6519.html
Try that maybe? it's not exactly what u were curious (pardon the pun) about but it is related.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/sex/mg18424690.800.html
and that might be sort of helpful.

Darkening

HSC
mr_brightside said:
bit of a problem with that statement buddy.
By all male world meant that the world revolves around males, there are also females but they have no significance role. Like the Spartians in the ages past, There were females but only used for repopulation and nothing else, meaning the males rule the lands. :jedi:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
can you be born heterosexual?

I don't think children from a young age actually are sure of who they're meant to be attracted to if you were to dismiss any influence by the media. I mean, were you conscious of whether you were attracted to which sex when you were 3? No, you didn't really give a shit.

And in regards to social conditioning, such as watching disney moves, or movies for that matter, or any sort of media, we are conditioned in such a way to understand that being heterosexual was the way. So here is the question - what influences homosexuals to be homosexuals to begin with?

A common answer by most of us adolescents is family, abuse, or too much "fathering" or "mothering". I can safely say that the majority of gay people that I know (being a good 50+ amount) did not come from unusual families. And when it comes to "mothering" or "fathering" someone too much, it doesn't seem to justify much at all. I can see how mothering a boy can make the boy more attached to his mother, feel less inclined to leave home or be independent, but not suddenly turn for men?

So please explain when you think it's environmental.
Environmental = socially psychological. For instance, the person gets nurtured by their father and neglected by his mother. The guy has a natural drawing to seek out the company of men, not really noticing guys. He needs to be close to guys which leads to him being sexually attracted to guys.
There's one example.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
So you think the environment to bring up a homosexual involves a community or social conditioning that constantly affirms that men are attractive?

Do you honestly think that's how men turn gay? Because someone told them over and over that men are attractive? You've considered your own social upbringing, such as how you are told to be attracted to men, and I presume its through movies and parents, etc, so what about the homosexual conditioning? Who does it then? Parents and movies? You need to discuss this further.
Consider the dominant part of society is straight. Then look back at roman times, the genes are all the same, but every old man had a freaking toyboy at his disposal. Brothers screwing sisters, etc. etc.

The point being, saying there is no nurture effect is clearly retarded.

Sure, there's no one pushing people into gay early in their lives, so maybe the gay populace now is genetic, but saying it's completely genetic is retarded.

Word for the day: retarded.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Consider the dominant part of society is straight. Then look back at roman times, the genes are all the same, but every old man had a freaking toyboy at his disposal. Brothers screwing sisters, etc. etc.

The point being, saying there is no nurture effect is clearly retarded.

Sure, there's no one pushing people into gay early in their lives, so maybe the gay populace now is genetic, but saying it's completely genetic is retarded.

Word for the day: retarded.
Wanna back up the whole roman think by linking it back to modern day and specifying exactly what nurture you were talking about? Much like stazi has done, which is what I specified.

Are you calling me retarded? Because uh, your whole "I'm sure if I was brought up being told men were hot, that I'd think they were hot" as your idea of how homosexuals are "nurtured" is just flawed, and it was exactly what I was attacking, not that nurture is out of the question.

Stop twisting it to make it sound like I said it's completely genetic and definatley not nurture, because that is what your post comes across as - again, as I repeat, back up your statement:

you said:
I'm sure if I was brought up being told men were hot, that I'd think they were hot
as the reason why.

Or was a it brushing statement that had little thought put into it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)