Being Perfect ?? (1 Viewer)

JimmieOutside

HSC
Hey guys , anyone done psyc1001 before ?
I noticed that there are 100 mc questions for psyc1001 in final , did you still feel conscious when up to like question 90 lol ? ~ I have done the online "Super test " and got >90% at the first time .Is the so called Super test similar to the final ?? Anyone got 100% in the final before??
:spzz:

Last edited:

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
The super quiz isn't anything like the end-of-semester exam. It's just all of the quizzes throughout the semester compiled into one massive quiz. If you want to see what the exam is going to be like, try the practice exam. It's only 14 questions but it really gets you to think. I thought I was doing fairly well in psych but only got 50% in the practice exam. Better get studying, we'll all need it.

JimmieOutside

HSC
The super quiz isn't anything like the end-of-semester exam. It's just all of the quizzes throughout the semester compiled into one massive quiz. If you want to see what the exam is going to be like, try the practice exam. It's only 14 questions but it really gets you to think. I thought I was doing fairly well in psych but only got 50% in the practice exam. Better get studying, we'll all need it.
I see ..thanks .. anyway I think we always get higher in real exam than that the practical .
By the way , I seldom read the textbook ,is it worthy to read for the exam ?? there is too much to read ...

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I see ..thanks .. anyway I think we always get higher in real exam than that the practical .
By the way , I seldom read the textbook ,is it worthy to read for the exam ?? there is too much to read ...
Definitely read the textbook, but only the parts covered in lectures. It's quite a bit, but it's important if you want to get better than a pass, I guess.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
As far as I know, no-one has ever got 100% in the final exam before (at least not for the last 6 years). The final exam does tend to be pretty hard, and they throw in a lot of wordy problems to trick you.

While lectures are obviously the most important thing to be studying off, the textbook is useful if there is a concept in the lectures you don't understand fully, or if the lecture notes are just dotpoints, the textbook can be better because it's easier to remember things when they're written out properly.

JimmieOutside

HSC
As far as I know, no-one has ever got 100% in the final exam before (at least not for the last 6 years). The final exam does tend to be pretty hard, and they throw in a lot of wordy problems to trick you.

While lectures are obviously the most important thing to be studying off, the textbook is useful if there is a concept in the lectures you don't understand fully, or if the lecture notes are just dotpoints, the textbook can be better because it's easier to remember things when they're written out properly.
great sharing.. cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Some more tips:

(This part is in your reader)

So from this you can determine which areas you need to concentrate on. I did a simple exercise where I wrote down after each of the percentages, what my best estimate of my knowledge in that particular field was. Then I wrote the percentage remaining that I stood to gain from studying it. For example:

Statistics / 17 Qs / 11.1% / 3% (my estimate knowledge) / 8.1% (what I stood to gain).

So if I dedicated some time to Statistics, I stood to gain an extra 8% (out of 65%). If you are struggling with any one particular subject, work out exactly how many marks you stand to gain from continuing to struggle with it. Or if you should turn your attention to another that needs further study. It's not exact, but it helps you plan your study.

Also for each subject, half the questions will be rather easy and half will be a lot harder.

So for example Personality: 8 will be easy, 8 will be tougher.

Hope that helps, best of luck. :sun:

JimmieOutside

HSC
Some more tips:

(This part is in your reader)

So from this you can determine which areas you need to concentrate on. I did a simple exercise where I wrote down after each of the percentages, what my best estimate of my knowledge in that particular field was. Then I wrote the percentage remaining that I stood to gain from studying it. For example:

Statistics / 17 Qs / 11.1% / 3% (my estimate knowledge) / 8.1% (what I stood to gain).

So if I dedicated some time to Statistics, I stood to gain an extra 8% (out of 65%). If you are struggling with any one particular subject, work out exactly how many marks you stand to gain from continuing to struggle with it. Or if you should turn your attention to another that needs further study. It's not exact, but it helps you plan your study.

Also for each subject, half the questions will be rather easy and half will be a lot harder.

So for example Personality: 8 will be easy, 8 will be tougher.

Hope that helps, best of luck. :sun:

wow.. thanks for the great suggestion , although 2 days left to the exam ! anyway I agree planning to concentrate parts that I hope to pick up more marks from it .

Well I finished the sample exam and found it quite hard to get full mark , but I will keep on trying ~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)