Being set up (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I think this is the first time i've ever made a thread in L+R. but i searched for this topic and surprisingly couldnt find anything.

anyway, has anyone ever been set up by a mate? my sister is desperately trying to match make me with her boyfriends mate. ive met him a few times and hes an ok guy. but im just really reluctant to get to know someone if people are like "OMGZZ you will totally love him. he is SO your type" etc.

what are peoples experiences?

vorahk

HSC
my ex set me up with her cousin, we re together now.

umm not really set up, i had no idea, she confronted me.

but yeah it kinda depends on your attidue towards the whole thing.
ifyou ahve this feeling of "ok can i get out of here now" or put on a pretty face "wow this isnt a bad idea after all " of course the outcomes will differ.

but then again it really depends on the type of guys you like and the one you re set up with.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
my mate kinda set me up with his ex then..it didnt really work partly because i was bein a bloody idiot..i was too upfront and too timid at the same time so it didnt last......well they're back togetha now and im with someone else

Skeeta

HSC
oh my..

i get set up (unintentionally) all the time.
Women always come into my work (coffee shop) and try to set me up with their sons, even though they know i have a boyfriend.

So this *points to blushing boy* is my son i've been telling you about. He's very smart and is studying law/architecture/sheep/hsc at uni/tafe/school. I think you should go on your break now and have a coffee with us..

*spew*

Actually one of them was REALLY hot. I dont know why he needed his mum to set him up. If i wasnt taken i probably would have jumped him right there and then

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I use to set people up very subtley all the time with my friends back in highschool.

The last one I did when I was in year 10 I took my two best friends who never met each other and we went to maccas. I went "Loz, this is Alex. He's awesome I've known him for blah blah years." and vice versa. After that I went "okay well I have to go. Bye." And left them! *evil cackle*

The ended up bitching about how crappy I was to leave them for hours and stuff I do to each other. Then they spent another few hours talking about themselves.

They went out for two years...

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
My ex wants to set me up. It's pathetic, it makes me feel less than dirt. I can find my own women, thankyouvermuch.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
My ex wants to set me up. It's pathetic, it makes me feel less than dirt. I can find my own women, thankyouvermuch.
This is probably going to make you feel worse but I've had this happen before and I absolutely flamed him. The fact that he was setting me up made me feel like that he had had his go, going to recommend me like I was getting passed on like an object. It felt like he had used me. Or pretending like he knows what I want even though our relationship failed. Its like "I wasnt good enough, but I know who can be good to you, even though I couldn't be" like he wasnt bothered to be as good as he could be. Almost like he's telling me I need his help to replace him, or to be happy. What a joke.

But I was girly and emotional. It feels rotten I know.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
True.. If by moving on you mean truly moving on. Not in the way of being in the arms of someone else.

I hated when people asked if I was okay when I was content with being single for a good year or two. They thought I was still not over my ex.... :(

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I got set up with my current bf, and the relationship has lasted almost 5months and I really like him :) hes so awesome. I was always against being set up and told my friends never to do it or id be really annoyed.

A friend of mine did it anyway and didnt tell me or him, and yeah its been great :)

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
i've never been set up wiv any1 in my life nor would i want 2. my friends weren't the kinda ppl 2 do that.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
i was set up once... with a cow!

i told the hoe that i don't do unpasteurised milk, she snorted and hoofed the ground as i stood there trying to win her back.

i left my wallet on her grass patch besides the orgy tree, i need to go back for it

http://dailyramblings.com/images/cowsex.jpg

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
That....that is just sphincter rattling stuff right there. Thanks!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
no for me it seems perfectly fine
haha are you reading as if hes going out with his own cousin or something
cant be that weird
maybe its 2.20am

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)