Belinda Emmett dies (1 Viewer)

HSC
its so sad. :( RIP.

she was lucky to survive for so long after being diagnosed, and also for finding rove. it was also good that she had her loved ones by her side.

john31459

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't describe it as lucky :S

But yeah, glad she had her family there.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
john31459 said:
Well it wasn't some unfortunate coincidence... the breast cancer spread to her bones, so it's secondary cancer.
secondaries in the bone are really painful...belinda must've been a really strong woman

my grandma had a skin cancer i think, and AGES later she developed secondaries in the bone - she had a tough battle

john31459

HSC
N/A
alby said:
secondaries in the bone are really painful...belinda must've been a really strong woman

my grandma had a skin cancer i think, and AGES later she developed secondaries in the bone - she had a tough battle
Agreed, any form of metastatic or reoccuring cancer is horrible, as is the disease itself.

My thoughts are with her loved ones =(

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
Re: belinda emmet dies

incredibly sad...rove must be devastated.
She was so young for breast cancer :(

HSC
This is the most tragic news she was the nicest person and definately a fighter. I met her on one occasion at the logies red carpet and her and rove were just adorable!!!

This is tragic loss, our thoughts are with rove :(

And yes i read an article that stated 10 was gonna give rove as much time as he needed his show will not be shown i think

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Oh, a cancer victim. Except, this one's a celebrity. So there's a thread about it. I see.
Well, when people know a celebrity and like them, they feel sorry for them.
Like with Steve Irwin and Brockie.

HSC
N/A
Re: last few posts

Show some respect, man.

Regardless of who it is.

This isn't the place.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Oh, a cancer victim. Except, this one's a celebrity. So there's a thread about it. I see.
well it follows that seeing as theyre a celebrity, everyone can contribute because most will know them?
i could create a thread about every cancer victim i've ever known but they'd be pointless and just self-indulgent

cool.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/11/11/1162661938637.html?from=top5

Rove Live put on hold

November 11, 2006 - 3:09PM

Rove McManus has cancelled this week's episode of Rove Live, after the TV host's wife Belinda Emmett died today.

Emmett, 32, lost her battle with cancer early this morning at Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital.

Her husband and family were by her side.

A statement released by Network Ten said McManus' program, Rove Live, would not air on Tuesday night.

It is not known when McManus or the program will return to air.

"Ten will give Rove the time he needs away from the show and any support we can during this very sad time," the statement said.

Actor-turned-singer Toni Collette was to appear on this week's Rove Live, as was musician Pete Murray and Borat, the fictional journalist from Kazakhstan played by British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen.

The 32-year-old McManus began working for Ten in 2000, launching Rove Live, following its axing from the Nine Network after just 10 episodes.

"Network Ten notes with great sadness Belinda Emmett's passing this morning," the statement said.

"Our heartfelt sympathies are with Rove McManus and the Emmett and McManus families.

"We add our support to the call for media and members of the public to respect Rove's privacy."

Emmett was diagnosed with breast cancer while working on the soap Home and Away in 1998, at age 24.

She successfully underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumour, followed by six weeks of radiotherapy.

In 2001, while working on Seven hospital drama All Saints, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/11/11/1162661938637.html?from=top5

Rove Live put on hold

November 11, 2006 - 3:09PM

Rove McManus has cancelled this week's episode of Rove Live, after the TV host's wife Belinda Emmett died today.

Emmett, 32, lost her battle with cancer early this morning at Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital.

Her husband and family were by her side.

A statement released by Network Ten said McManus' program, Rove Live, would not air on Tuesday night.

It is not known when McManus or the program will return to air.

"Ten will give Rove the time he needs away from the show and any support we can during this very sad time," the statement said.

Actor-turned-singer Toni Collette was to appear on this week's Rove Live, as was musician Pete Murray and Borat, the fictional journalist from Kazakhstan played by British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen.

The 32-year-old McManus began working for Ten in 2000, launching Rove Live, following its axing from the Nine Network after just 10 episodes.

"Network Ten notes with great sadness Belinda Emmett's passing this morning," the statement said.

"Our heartfelt sympathies are with Rove McManus and the Emmett and McManus families.

"We add our support to the call for media and members of the public to respect Rove's privacy."

Emmett was diagnosed with breast cancer while working on the soap Home and Away in 1998, at age 24.

She successfully underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumour, followed by six weeks of radiotherapy.

In 2001, while working on Seven hospital drama All Saints, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Found out this morning... she's been looking incredibly frail the last couple of years and it was just horrible to see. I haven't watched rove since high school and sometimes he annoys me to bits, but i've always admired the solid relationship he and belinda had, and how strong they were for each other. He once said "belinda turns my lemons into lemonade" and that he'd hand back all his awards and dig ditches for a living if it meant curing her... and i'll never forget that.

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)