• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Belly Button Piercings/Rings etc (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I haven't had it pierced

and every time I want to.... I get repulsed with the fact that it looks like I did it for the trend, for the "look at my midrift, ain't it sexy", or apparently it's easy to get it infected and I really cannot be bothered dealing with that.

But I'm quite an admirer occasionally. So I thought I'd start a thread to convince/deter me from them.

I mean, one of the best thing I ever did was pierce my ears. I am such an earring person. I'm just taking a lot of time considering the belly button....

So... have you got your belly button pierced?

Your thoughts....

froggy_chik87

HSC
i got mine done, i lyk it, always wanted it done...depends on what your belly button looks lyk aswel...it doesn't hurt if thats also another factor your worried about...

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Yes it fucken hurts! But its worth it! It look so hot! But its pretty expensive. the pericing, the rings, the maintenance and everything prob cost me all up $200+, which is pretty retarded...

I did mine in year 10 but I took it out so now I just have a hole...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
It hurts. I got mine done with numbing cream on it, and it still felt some of it.
But yeah, I never show mine off, probly due to the fact that I dont wear midriff tops. The only time people see mine is if they see me naked (which not many have), if i lift/stretch my arms and my top rises enough to see my bellybutton, if im sunbaking at the beach, or when im showering at the beach after going for a surf and ive taken off my rashie.

kaylz

HSC
i think they're tacky. don't get one.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i don't really like it, then again, i don't really like to expose my stomach

Lennie

I think it looks okay, so long as you dont wear midriffs just to flaunt it, because then it starts to look tacky. its alright if you dont show it off so much.
i got it done when i was 15 and to this day, cant imagine not having one.

Mine never became infected, and i dont know one person who had that problem. Yes it happens, but so long as you look after it religously in the first two weeks, you'll be fine. after that, infection never happens.

My experience was, while getting it done, the only thing that hurt was the numbing injection, the piercing itself didnt, in fact, freakishly, it didnt even bleed.

But it can look really good. i highly recommend getting it done! :)
Just remember, you can always take it out :D

Oh, and if your going to get it done, dont go for the ring. the bar looks alot better, and doesnt catch on clothes etc.

HSC
i used to want one, but now i'm not really keen on them. i reckon they look tacky on some chicks, especially the ones who feel the need to play with it constantly. gross.

the subtle barbells or whatever aren't so bad, but its the freaking three-inch long dangling ones that weird me out. it's body jewellery, not a fucking fishing lure.

Lennie

katietheskatie said:
the subtle barbells or whatever aren't so bad, but its the freaking three-inch long dangling ones that weird me out. it's body jewellery, not a fucking fishing lure.
completely agree! anyone who can wear the dangling ones is showing them off. anyone who says otherwise is bullshitting. i once tried one out... never again. they catch on EVERYTHING are just downright painfull. The simple ones are the best, you dont even notice them, and they look better :)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Belly Button piercings can get very easily infected... you really dont want to get it caught on anything either... and it happens.. girl at my school was in hte woodwork room and she got it caught and it ripped out pulling quite a bit of skin off . meep.. not good.. luckily prince of wales hospital is literally down the road.. thankgod for that

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i know 3 people who did it behind ther parents back
one girl did it and its been a year and her parenst dont know yet
another girl i know..got her belly done and her mum found out..skitzed the roof..but not for a while
then her sister decided to do it behind her mums back..
her mum also skitzed the roof
i dont understand why parents make such a big deal about piercings
like for fux sake im not even allowed to get my ears pierced again
and i know i can if i so desire..but id rather keep the peace

i plan to get my belly..and ears again..sooner or later

lei

HSC
I like mine but only because I did it for me and not that many people know I have it unless I'm at the beach and my friends say 'oh wow, I didn't know you got your bellybutton pierced'

It doesn't hurt for longer than 3 seconds so don't let the pain deter you.
And I also agree wholeheartedly about the dangly bar thing, they look strange. I just have a little silver bar

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I used to want one; but I got over it! :uhhuh: Can't be bothered! I have better things to spend my money on! Like, donating it to charity, or saving animals that are going to be put down...:)

Lennie

It isnt all that expensive depending on where you go. i went to the local medical centre, and it cost me $30 :uhhuh:

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i hav mine done

i dont expose my middriff much so hardly anyone sees it

its cool to but a pretty ring in in the summer tho when i go to the beach

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
i dont even think they are 'trendy' anymore...they were about 4 years ago i think?!

i got mine done when iwas 12...i dont even notice it anymore, and i cant remember whether it hurt or not?!

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
my friend got hre nipple pierced...i havnt seen it yet, but then again, i havnt seen her since she got it done...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)