belly piercing (1 Viewer)

HSC
ive recently gotten my belly pierced and i was wondering if dettol antiseptic liquid was good to clean it with?

Skeeta

HSC
i'd use salt water over dettol..

Dettol would burn

HSC
i dont think id do that...when my cousin got her ears pierced she used pino clean and her ears turned puffy, red, scabby, puss and cracked...and her mother is a doctor!

Last edited:

PrincessAshee

HSC
I was always told to stay the hell away from dettol cleaning mine... I mostly just used betadine...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
parramattitude said:
ive recently gotten my belly pierced and i was wondering if dettol antiseptic liquid was good to clean it with?

I just got my belly pierced too they told me to clean it with soap once or twice a day and warm salty water twice a day. They reccomended the dettol antibacterial handwash soap cos its milder than other ones apparently and thats what I have been using they said you can use johnson baby wash on it too. And for the salty water you mix one quarter teaspoon of sea salt or rock salt in 1 cup of boiling water, wait til it cools and put it in a cup and put the cup right over your belly and soak it for 5-10 minutes twice a day. Try not to move the bar to much when you clean it as well as little as possible cos you can damage it. When I forst got it done I followed those directions for the salt water but now I just put a pinch of salt into a shotglass and use that so it doesent waste so much water..but for the first couple of weeks i would do everything properly if i were you cos piercings can get bitchy. good luck with it!

oh and if you get that handwash make sure you dont get one thats scented

angel313

HSC
parramattitude said:
no dont use detol!!! i had to take mine out because it was to strong for the skin. use warm salty water

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
SEA SALT/ROCK SALT AND WARM WATER SOLUTION
please.
or at least ask your piercer person.
if you go to a good place to get a piercing, they will give info on after care and what to clean it with.
if you have to ask afterwards from someone else what to clean a piercing with, go to a different body mods shop.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
parramattitude said:
i dont think id do that...when my cousin got her ears pierced she used pino clean and her ears turned puffy, red, scabby, puss and cracked...and her mother is a doctor!
oh dearr.. why did she use PINO CLEAN!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)