Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
XD +1

It's an English exam.. You'd think that reading the question correctly would be kinda important.
Damn right.
Instead the board of studies should instantly fail everyone everyone that did 2x related text COS THEY CANT READ
hur hur hur

Sultans12

HSC
this is ridiculous, how can you be marked for not answering the question properly...

nosh22

HSC
Its been a week and a half.
The world is just a little bigger and brighter than a 15 mark section in an english exam.
Anyone who is still thinking about it should go neck themselves.

Bboy-twoFousand

<--JAWR--> Only the Best
HSC
It's just a very strange thing for them to do...It's like in a maths test, if it says find velocity and everyone in the state finds acceleration - what, will they change the outcomes of the question?

hmmm yea i hav always wondered what would happen with that... i reckon different marking ethics.

anyway I reckon the second text will be disregarded

yes i am an idiot for writing about 2 text... but my second one was shit. so not really complaining..

its over and done with... who gives a shit...

HSC
Its been a week and a half.
The world is just a little bigger and brighter than a 15 mark section in an english exam.
Anyone who is still thinking about it should go neck themselves.
+1 go and study for your next exam everyone out there instead of thinking about how you went for english.....and if you'z have already finished then ur lucky.....i still have chem and hist extension to go :(......the freedom :jump:

about7

HSC
Anyone up for a Board of studies raid?

i have pitchforks and flaming torches...

MrDimple

HSC
people who wrote two should be penalised, the question clearly stated ONE not TWO but ONE. People who wrote two are mentally retarded for not reading the question why do you think we got a 5 minute reading time.

nosh22

HSC
Let's kill this thread.
Anyone who writes below this post is a massive faggot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=================================================
=================================================
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person below is a cross-dresser.

stephi.xoxo

HSC
this cant be right. i could've written a great essay with 2 r.texts, but i had to use 1. not fair at all.

jamesishere

HSC
It is now official at Marking Centres. Two Supplementary texts for the belonging essay will not be penalised, it will be marked normally. Thoughts?
bullshit.
I wish people would stop making up crap about this. we don't know whats going to hapen but OBVIOUSLY if you used two it's not going to be marked like you used ONE. DUH

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
People who wrote two are mentally retarded for not reading the question why do you think we got a 5 minute reading time.
Hmm, I dunno about you, but we got 10 mins reading time.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
but isnt it just giving more than the question asked for? Like if they asked for 1 technique i'd probably slip an extra one in there just to make sure i got the mark. I mean the question asked for ONE text, so you gave them ONE then if added another one isnt that just more info?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
but isnt it just giving more than the question asked for? Like if they asked for 1 technique i'd probably slip an extra one in there just to make sure i got the mark. I mean the question asked for ONE text, so you gave them ONE then if added another one isnt that just more info?
I think that emilyo is perhaps the first person to support 2 texts and actually make sense.

lynton

HSC
I feel it is my responsibility to write more than the actual question asked for, just to piss off my teachers. Take biology for example, the question is only 4 lines, i give a page lol.

wonmin

HSC
My theory of how they are going to mark this is by splitting the students who wrote one related and two related. This will make it easier for the markers to determine certain bands.

For example:

Student A who write one related with an awesome response will get the high band 6s.
Student B who write two related with an awesome response will get the mid band 6s.

(Something like that)

Top student A and B are the base line for which determines the marks for other students. These marks will then descend in order of performance. Once this is done, they merge both categories (ONE related/TWO related) together. (Like stacking two decks of cards [each card representing a student] but rather than merging it equally, STUDENT B category is placed accordingly with the mid band 6 in the STUDENT A catagory)

FAIR YEAH?

peet15

HSC
It is now official at Marking Centres. Two Supplementary texts for the belonging essay will not be penalised, it will be marked normally. Thoughts?
Bullshit.. how can someone who answers the question incorrectly not be penalised. i had a spare 10-15 minutes which i could have included another text, but didnt because of what the question asked.
The BOS is loving inconsistencies atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)