Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

HSC
This isn't good. I think people with two texts should only have one marked. As C-BAS said, it's not answering the question! And we've had it drummed into our heads the whole bloody year that we have to address the question. Also, I was talking to my teachers and they said they thought that the question was to throw off the people who don't answer the question properly, but just go in and vomit out a prepared response.

jassono

HSC
"Differentiate 3x"

Nah I'll differentiate x^2 because i prepared for it

jassono

HSC
PLUS hahaha-that is major BS- Granted that the english course is testing our rounded knowledge of all our texts and its not a matter of preparing an essay, I had to leave my essay last, instead of first as I would normally plan to, because while i was writing my creative and doing section 1 I was thinking of ways to alter my answer to include more than I had planned for my only related, and the prescribed poems
Whereas those who decidedly wrote 2, got to exploit the time with preprepared essays-which wouldve undoubtedly had greater symmetry and expression
The suggestion of the marker marking only 1 is good, and it shouldnt even be a choice of which one is better, it should just be first related, ignore the second
Plus, there are probably aspects of belonging that arent sufficiently covered in 1 text, but 2, like filmic techniques coupled with prose fiction
For god's sake i had to scrap my ideas of idiosyncratic olfactory descriptions and subject relative description
It's so unfair but I'm afraid to complain and piss them off

Then they look for my work and give me 0 hahaha :D

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Just cos about a third of the state were dum enough to put in two related texts, they decide to accept 2?

Um. Wheres the logistics in that?

Triquetral

HSC
"Differentiate 3x"

Nah I'll differentiate x^2 because i prepared for it
LOL I must admit I found that funny.

I wrote two texts so I'm happy however you guys are all whinging about nothing we won't get special consideration AT ALL! Your essays will probably be a tad more indepth with only 1 text so address the question better, with our two texts its brought back to briefer level. lol bunch of cry babies I swear...use your brains if your apparently smart enough to answer the question! Teachers won't be marking up people with 2 related texts AT ALL they will consider it as if it was just 1 text...it's all writing supporting the question no ones ahead of anyone.

LizzyT

HSC
i find that so irritating. so, because we follow instructions and write about one text we're in the same position as those who did two. clearly they didn't read the question properly isn't that the point of english?

Mas1991

HSC
i find that so irritating. so, because we follow instructions and write about one text we're in the same position as those who did two. clearly they didn't read the question properly isn't that the point of english?
i don't recall the question containing the word "only" anywhere. maybe we did read the question properly and decided that writing about an additional text doesn't go against the question and we were able to write so quickly that even if they discarded one of them we would still have enough writing to achieve an outstanding mark.

Dooga

HSC
fucking assholes
people should be penalised for using two texts not get marks for doing two

chaldoking

HSC
To all those fucken idiots that are attacking me for posting this thread and saying bla bla his a troll - i am just saying what I was told, so don't attack the messenger you stupid assholes.

Mas1991

HSC
u must be a nut

seriously, where did it say that we were required to write about ONLY one related? in the past the question had "at least" to indicate that exceeding was fine. so naturally you would expect an "only" deeming it mandatory to write no more then one. hence if you wrote two, through the wording observed in the paper, how exactly have you gone against the question?

Stompy11

HSC
seriously, where did it say that we were required to write about ONLY one related? in the past the question had "at least" to indicate that exceeding was fine. so naturally you would expect an "only" deeming it mandatory to write no more then one. hence if you wrote two, through the wording observed in the paper, how exactly have you gone against the question?
maybe the part that had 'one' in big capitals

luv2luvurmama

HSC
I WORK FOR BOARD OF STUDIES NSW!!!!SO DOES MY DAD, MY GRANDAD AND MY MUM
-You will get penalised! I was a part of the group that decided, and made the exam!!

sunsettah

HSC

In your answer refer to ONE related text.

It does not say, 'at least ONE'

If they wanted it to MEAN 'at least one' then they would have written that..

People are dumb...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)