Belonging and As You Like It - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

bumblebee1234

HSC
Has anyone who is studying Shakespeare's 'As You Like It' found any good related texts for their Area of Study Belonging essays and assessments? Any novels/short stories/articles would be particularly useful.

Thanks

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I used the poem "Regret" by Gregory Crockatt and contrasted it to Jaques in As You Like It :)

Also did the 1st to episodes in the anime Black Lagoon and compared it to Touchstone ^^

HSC
i used a newspaper article from BBC.com called "Compulsive Gamer Not Addicts" which talks about the 'gamers' sense of belonging found through video games.

lovenotwar

HSC
ive never read as you like it but i know some good belonging related texts my teachers recommended when i was doing it this year
- the film 'Chocolat'
- the film 'Lars and the Real Girl'
- the film 'My Own Private Idaho'
- the novel 'Breath' by Tim Winton
- the novel 'Rebecca' by Daphne Du Maurier

i did breath and chocolat, thought they were good, related to alot of different belonging concepts.

kfnmpah

HSC
I did the film 'The Pianist' by Roman Polanski.
It's about the holocaust. Focus on setting and music (similar kind of concepts focused on in AYLI)

Dark Invoker

HSC
I'm using Wuthering Heights (novel), "Brick" (movie) and probably Thrice's cover of Eleanor Rigby (song). Doing my assignment at the moment (it's 4AM :] - 1 more left to go!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)