belonging creative story (1 Viewer)

chantelle-r

HSC
I was wondering whether for my creative belonging story that i could do the opposite to most people..start with feeling like you belong with your best friend (when younger) then slowly drifting apart?

rowdyroddy

HSC
ofcourse, as long as it has asepcts of belonging, its not all about belonging but not belonging also and what effects it has

beve

Jesus
HSC
I was wondering whether for my creative belonging story that i could do the opposite to most people..start with feeling like you belong with your best friend (when younger) then slowly drifting apart?
Friendships, familys, adoptions, and simple interpersonal relationship situations are going to be flogged to death. So don't bother.

chantelle-r

HSC
thanks,

um well im writing on personal experience so it won't be as cliche as it sounds.

lychnobity

HSC
thanks,

um well im writing on personal experience so it won't be as cliche as it sounds.
.. So is everyone else...

Us teenagers have the emotional range of a teaspoon, so everyone's sadness/melodrama crap sounds the same (I'm serious).

beve

Jesus
HSC
thanks,

there will be 50,000 other kids doing belonging.\ and 20,000 other bleeding heart stories about childhood friends drifting away.

and there is just about nothing you can do to stop the examiner thinking, hey, i've read the same story 40 times today.

so get a better idea please

chantelle-r

HSC
whatever "beve'

you have no idea what i've been though so why dont you go find yourself someone else to pick on. seriously get over yourself.

if you think about it , not everyone has been through the same experiences as each other, so my story is definately NOT going to be the same as someone elses.
and plus, the language you use throughout the story makes it sound cliche, not the idea.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
you have no idea what i've been though so why dont you go find yourself someone else to pick on.
Good for you.

if you think about it , not everyone has been through the same experiences as each other, so my story is definately NOT going to be the same as someone elses.
and plus, the language you use throughout the story makes it sound cliche, not the idea.
Only thing is you posted here asking for our advice. beve gave you his honest opinion - you don't have to like it; but don't diss him for giving it. If you don't want other people's opinions, then don't start threads asking people to comment on your story/idea. Simple.

I should also mention that beve does 4U English. I'd say it'd be a pretty good idea to listen to him.

chantelle-r

HSC
i don't give a shit what you say.
i didn't ask for someone to give me the whole 'that will be too cliche' line, im twisting my story to make it different to everyone elses.
and plus my starting question was if i could do belonging then not belonging..it didn't mean i was going to write about it for certain.

i really dont care if 'beve' does 4u english, doesn't affect me. just because you do 4u english doesn't mean that your good at it. lots of people do subjects that they are failing, take ext maths for example , and they still haven't dropped it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i don't give a shit what you say.
Good for you?

i didn't ask for someone to give me the whole 'that will be too cliche' line, im twisting my story to make it different to everyone elses.
Oh, but you don't give a shit what anyone says. So why bother asking the question. :)

and plus my starting question was if i could do belonging then not belonging..it didn't mean i was going to write about it for certain.
Ah, backtracking, eh?

i really dont care if 'beve' does 4u english, doesn't affect me. just because you do 4u english doesn't mean that your good at it.
In most schools, you have to be -offered- the opportunity to do 4U English, to say nothing of the fact that you have no idea how beve does in English, so stfu.

chantelle-r

HSC
sydney boys person - your wrong about the 4u thing, anyone can do it, and you dont have to be chosen.

thanks sikhman exactly what i needed to know,
yeah thats what i was planning to do, chuck in something different.

beve

Jesus
HSC
yeah thats what i was planning to do, chuck in something different.
Well instead of debating the validity of what I'm saying to you, lets see this story that you're vaguely talking about - then we can actually tell you from reading it, whether to throw the story in the bin or not.

Don't ask for help if you don't want it, honey. =)

HSC
N/A
do it about trying to fit in at school, i.e you try and fit in with 'cool kids' and have to 'get the ipod', sum up with a general statement about how teenagers are 'like judgemental and stuff' and that true freinds judge you 'on the inside'.
way less generic IMO

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
sydney boys person - your wrong about the 4u thing, anyone can do it, and you dont have to be chosen.
Maybe at your school - but at all the top schools, only the Top 20 are allowed to do it. [Out of the 200 that do Advanced, and the 100 that do English Extension 1].

chantelle-r

HSC
well my school has the biggest year 12 in the state so we're allowed to choose if we do it or not.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
i wrote about an asian belonging to china ^_^ and how he killed dogs because it had rabies, and later ate them -_-

Scinery

HSC
i think sikhman was referring to the "all the top schools" part

my school = top school- anyone can do it but 3 or 4 people out of about 50 did get rejected for being uber shit

EDIT: BTW TO OP: it's true that many people do "old friends drifting away" stories. So am i! It's hard to make such a story unique - i'm stucturing mine in an alternate reality created by cyberspace in the future and appropriating the setting into that world instead of school....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)