Belonging Related Texts? (1 Viewer)

Miss S

HSC
Yeah I know it's a little late for me to be finding related material, but I was going to use what I did in my Trial, but I got a pretty low exam mark... so I'm hoping for some suggestions on what I could use :B

For belonging I'm doing Immigrant Chronicle by Peter Skrzynecki...

What can I use that isn't Arrival. x.x;;

Please help and thou shalt get my eternal gratitude!!

noturningback

HSC
You could try the rabbits by Shaun tan?
Because it's a visual text I guess you might be able to throw something together quicker. I only say that because it's quicker to read the visual text than it is to read a whole novel.

Best of luck to you anyway, just do your best :)

Miss S

HSC
You could try the rabbits by Shaun tan?
Because it's a visual text I guess you might be able to throw something together quicker. I only say that because it's quicker to read the visual text than it is to read a whole novel.

Best of luck to you anyway, just do your best :)
Well I was actually going to use that for distinctively visual, but thats a good idea! thankyou! :3

Also, I need 2 related texts because I don't want to do arrival xB

sazleberry

HSC
Well my 2 are "The Big World" by Tim Winton from his collection of short stories from The Turning.
My other text is the film "Bend it Like Beckham". This was easy because i know the film so well. Its also on Youtube so it was easy to watch it without having to buy or rent it.

Id suggest seeing it's so soon, doing something you are familiar with like a film or book you've read. Some others in my classs were doing the speech "I have a dream" by martin Luther King.

Another suggestion is use the same ORTS and just deconstruct them from scratch again. The way you deconstrcted them may be why you got low marks, not the text...

Good Luck

Stanman

Baka!
HSC
Im using "Catcher in the Rye" as one (lazy, did it in year 11 and i know the text really well) and a short story we did "Tri" in class. I know them both really well because we have already done them.

Just choose text's that you know well and go from there - no point choosing a text the day before just because it's "better"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)