Belonging speech confusion (1 Viewer)

Hamza_1000

HSC
Hello there, I got given a sample essay question relating to belonging. The question was based upon how circumstance shapes ones sense of belonging, what points should I cover or what things should I include if I'm doing the simple gift and good will hunting? cause I'm kinda confused with the question itself and like I need to have an idea of what things to mention in the essay itself, thanks :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you write out the specific wording of the Q?

I'd say to cover what things have shaped the character's sense of belong, might be things like;
*Family background
*Friendship circles
*Identity/Personality
*Experiences with place
etc.

Hamza_1000

HSC
"Examine the importance that circumstance has in shaping ones sense of belonging" :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok well it's asking you to assess how significant that circumstance is in shaping belonging.

I'd argue that is it is very significant because belonging is an individual feeling shaped by one's experiences, and find a few areas that are explored in your text to great extent.

I'd probably find the three most relevant cirucmstances in your text and discuss them, but it depends how long your speech is, you might only have time for two :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)