belonging speech on ANYTHING (1 Viewer)

tris123

HSC
we have to write a speech on the concept of belonging and the result of belonging on the individual... we cant relate it to any set text and it has to be original. Has anyone got any good ideas?? i was thinking doing it on migrants or gangs?? i need something a bit deeper though

shell.q

HSC
wat i would do is draw it from a personal experiance, it is a lot easier for it to be from your perspective then to write about something you are coming from a different angle and be critical about it.
like for me, i would use being the youngest in the family, i feel like i dont belong sometimes and my family make me feel like tht i am different to them all.

if tht makes any sense. u could use tht though, being an adopted child, how they may feel they dont belong in the community,

hope it helps =]

bored of sc

HSC
tris123 said:
we have to write a speech on the concept of belonging and the result of belonging on the individual... we cant relate it to any set text and it has to be original. Has anyone got any good ideas?? i was thinking doing it on migrants or gangs?? i need something a bit deeper though
Why not question the very nature of belonging? In other words, do we really have to belong or is just that dominant culture forces us to?

emmie10

HSC
We got the exact same assesment at my school. what we got told to do was what Shell.q said and base it around personal experience. It doesnt have to be your own but maybe a friends or family members? I might be doing how my dad was adopted or on a guy who had an accident and now has a major disability and how he doesnt feel like he belongs to society anymore.

It could even be something simple like how you feel when you are listening to your favourite band or hanging with your friends... :)

billy.bob

HSC
emmie10 said:
We got the exact same assesment at my school. what we got told to do was what Shell.q said and base it around personal experience. It doesnt have to be your own but maybe a friends or family members? I might be doing how my dad was adopted or on a guy who had an accident and now has a major disability and how he doesnt feel like he belongs to society anymore.

It could even be something simple like how you feel when you are listening to your favourite band or hanging with your friends... :)
Yeah i did that too, but it was a class thing not an assesment :eek:

intead we got to do it on an related text :confused: ...... its due on like the 21 of November
havent started yet :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)