Benefits of Music 1 (for Uni)? (1 Viewer)

Bandbox

HSC
Hello to all of you peeps reading this rn, I'm currently faced with the task of choosing my Yr 11 courses, but I don't know what music elective I should choose (due to my tendency to self-doubt myself :/ ). I'm currently leaning towards choosing the Music 1 course currently, but I feel like studying Music 2 would be more beneficial if I decide to do a music degree in uni. Would there be any benefits (and disadvantages) of doing this course when compared to music 2, especially in regards to a uni degree thats focused on composition?

Thanks in advance!

HSC
N/A
I think that, if you can, you should aim to do Music 2. If you want a music degree, or if you want to study something involving or relating to music at uni, Music 2 would be the better option because you will end up having more knowledge, which could be useful for your first uni semester.

You should also determine how much of your time you can allocate towards Music as well as your other subjects that you end up choosing.

Bandbox

HSC
I think that, if you can, you should aim to do Music 2. If you want a music degree, or if you want to study something involving or relating to music at uni, Music 2 would be the better option because you will end up having more knowledge, which could be useful for your first uni semester.
Yeah, that sounds about right. My main concern with doing Music 2 rn is that my performance skills might drag me down, but apart from that everything else seems fine. I'll have another think about my choices later.

Many thanks for the advice!

quickoats

HSC
dude I hope you're not going for a performance-heavy music degree in uni. If your performance skills might drag you down for Music 2, I would assume a music degree with a decent amount of emphasis on performance in uni is going to be hard.
They said they wanted to go into composition.

Music 2 has a better theory base than music 1 which might be helpful for a composition degree. Similarly, you can major in composition for Music Ext to explore the area further.

idkkdi

HSC
They said they wanted to go into composition.

Music 2 has a better theory base than music 1 which might be helpful for a composition degree. Similarly, you can major in composition for Music Ext to explore the area further.
did not see "composition".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)