Best book on extension2 while in year 11 (1 Viewer)

spakfilla

HSC
Anyone know of a good book/self teach to understand the basics for extension 2 while still in year 11?

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
there is no 'best' book imo. i just used a variety:
cambridge, phoenix, excel, coroneos, the leading edge and then past hsc
i know its a lot, but i've come to realise its better if you use a variety of books.
In year 11 i only used cambridge thats it, and i didn't recieve a good understanding from it. But now, I am starting to grasp things better and find it easier than when i first started taking 4u.

out of those resources, i'd have to say phoenix for basic understanding then past hsc will be best.

hscishard

HSC
The S.K patel one is pretty good for 4unit. It beats all the others I've tried reading

Honestly don't get what understanding means sometimes. From my experience, Cambridge>Fitz> Understanding (xx) Maths, for understanding.
The excel ones are good, they provide step/step solutions.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
The S.K patel one is pretty good for 4unit. It beats all the others I've tried reading

Honestly don't get what understanding means sometimes. From my experience, Cambridge>Fitz> Understanding (xx) Maths, for understanding.
The excel ones are good, they provide step/step solutions.
IMO the Cambridge 4U isn't very good, at least for the questions (I don't read the theory from there). Certainly not as good as Cambridge 3U (why can't Bill Pender write a 4U textbook too :()

shaon0

HSC
I only used Cambridge in yr 12 and a bit of fitzpatrick at the end of yr 11 when we just started 4u at school.

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
wah minh give me that gif LOL
i just sat there for 30 secs starting at it xD
i think cambridge is the shittiest one of them all
a few examples and just the answers at the back.
Rest of the books have full worked solutions.
leading edge one is good :)

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
used fitz initially, (also had an incredible teacher), then he gave us cambridge to go through harder qs, didnt really like it... at the end he gave us a coroneous past hsc papers, big fat piece of shit, we did most of the papers, results turned out great in the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)