best chem teachers at matrix? (1 Viewer)

HSC
im kinda new to matrix so ive got no clue who the teachers r but the teacher i have rn (james) isn't rlly good at least from what i can tell in the one lesson i've had with him. classes feel sort of bland, and he basically just reads off the theory book and we fill in the questions and stuff. i didn;t really learn much from the lesson it felt like i was on autopilot and didn't really absorb the info so i had a bit of trouble doing the homework too (had to refer to theory book+google a LOT) so im thinking of transferring to another campus? does anyone know which ones have the best chem teachers?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It's going to be quite difficult to transfer to a good teacher's class this late because these teachers sometimes months in advance people book to be in their class. If it's possible though try to get into Louise's class she is very experienced and has taught for over like 15 years.

HSC
It's going to be quite difficult to transfer to a good teacher's class this late because these teachers sometimes months in advance people book to be in their class. If it's possible though try to get into Louise's class she is very experienced and has taught for over like 15 years.
oh yikes :/ which campus is she on? is there like a list of teachers and where they teach etc. ? and do u know any other good teachers bc even if their classes are already full i'd just like to know for the sake of it :')

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
There is another thread about matrix teachers but it is for physics.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
When I went (which was like 4 years ago) she was at the Strathfield Campus. Not sure about the other good teachers but it's probably best to call them up and ask for the list or maybe it is on the website

HSC
There is another thread about matrix teachers but it is for physics.

yeah i saw that post and then i got curious about the chem teachers

HSC
When I went (which was like 4 years ago) she was at the Strathfield Campus. Not sure about the other good teachers but it's probably best to call them up and ask for the list or maybe it is on the website
ohh okay thanks heaps :)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Why not ask jazz519 to tutor you Chemistry!
He provides top-notch tutoring (headcanon from samples) but unfortunately his classes are closed for the 2021 cohort and OP is a 2021 student

I bet if his classes were open OP would ask him without hesitation!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
He provides top-notch tutoring (headcanon from samples) but unfortunately his classes are closed for the 2021 cohort and OP is a 2021 student

I bet if his classes were open OP would ask him without hesitation!
Yeah this is correct, unfortunately all my classes for 2021 HSC students have filled up and I can't take on anymore students due to social distancing in the lessons

JungKooksBurner

HSC
I went to NGO for maths and it was great. They've also have Chemistry (I believe) so you should check it out as well.

HSC
Yikes! Which campus do you attend? Chatswood?
nah i go to town hall

Why not ask jazz519 to tutor you Chemistry!
i was considering it actually (when his 2021 classes weren't full) but he's in the rouse hill/blacktown area which is too far from me ):

I went to NGO for maths and it was great. They've also have Chemistry (I believe) so you should check it out as well.
i already go to dr du for maths and unfortunately im stuck at matrix for chem for another 2 terms but thank you for the rec ^^

Haruto_65

HSC
im kinda new to matrix so ive got no clue who the teachers r but the teacher i have rn (james) isn't rlly good at least from what i can tell in the one lesson i've had with him. classes feel sort of bland, and he basically just reads off the theory book and we fill in the questions and stuff. i didn;t really learn much from the lesson it felt like i was on autopilot and didn't really absorb the info so i had a bit of trouble doing the homework too (had to refer to theory book+google a LOT) so im thinking of transferring to another campus? does anyone know which ones have the best chem teachers?
Matrix Strathfield campus, Donnelly is best chem teacher ever! She explains in detail and allows us to think rather than re-reading off the workbooks. Plus she jumbles up the workbook topics and stuff to make it easier for students to understand. Also sets a great pace within the class and actually asks everyone personally how their finding the subject and if they find anything hard or confusing.

HSC
Matrix Strathfield campus, Donnelly is best chem teacher ever! She explains in detail and allows us to think rather than re-reading off the workbooks. Plus she jumbles up the workbook topics and stuff to make it easier for students to understand. Also sets a great pace within the class and actually asks everyone personally how their finding the subject and if they find anything hard or confusing.
ohh thank u so much !! is ur class full at stratty?

Haruto_65

HSC
ohh thank u so much !! is ur class full at stratty?
Her classes are normally always full, try to call matrix and ask if you can specifically have her. I did holiday classes and usually booked the evening sessions, so I'm not too sure about the term course. But give them a call, I'm sure they'll help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)