Best course to do if wanting to transfer to Comm/law (1 Viewer)

lopo69

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
So im one of those who just missed out of UNSW commlaw and im wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to whether i should just do commerce for the first year or should i combine it with science/economics..etc. ?

Thanks

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Look up the course rules for Comm/Law and try to make a single Comm degree fit around them.

Gmac_0

HSC
Depends on a few things. Most importantly is probably to pick what you're best at, since you'll need the highest avg possible. It depends though whether the uni prefers one course over another, e.g do they pick people with 80 avg in commerce over people with 82 in Arts, so see if you can figure that out. You might want to consider the units though also, if you do a year of science/commerce as opposed to straight commerce you will have less units to transfer over to the commerce/law degree, so commerce would seem like the best choice there, but then you also have to consider how likely you are to be successful in a transfer. If you just picked commerce and didn't get in, then you'd be stuck in straight commerce with no science etc. Commerce may be the best option, though Arts/Commerce, Science/Commerce and other double degrees are also good options, perhaps you could get a better avg in one of em, depending what you're good at.

rx34

HSC
Commerce. That's what I did. It's incredibly difficult to transfer to a CSP place. All the best.

NihaoMa

Banned
HSC
Commerce, if you transfer after first year you won't be that behind because your credits points gets carried over.

rx34

HSC
Like how difficult are we talking?
USyd says it would look at the best of your WAM or WAM+ATAR. My best mate at UNSW had a WAM of 84 in first year and 86 in second year. He applied for USYD law for two years and he couldn't get in.

lopo69

HSC
N/A
If I got into a place which isnt CSP does that mean I need to pay off the HECS debt on my current degree, and also in addition pay for my law degree?

rx34

HSC
Are you trying to say you are an international student? If you are, you have to pay upfront and there is no hecs. If you are a citizen/PR, you can't get into a full-fee paying place (since 2009). You pay off your hecs debt for both degrees when you start working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)