best cure for acne?what causes acne? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I went on doxycycline for a few months, worked a charm except that I got sunburnt even more easily than I did before I went on it, but this was easily worked around by wearing sunscreen so no biggie.

My doctor was pretty enthusiastic about medication lol, she also put me on the Pill, gave me a topical treatment called clindatech or something and prescribed this epic amount of vitamin A. I stopped taking the vitamin A pretty quickly because it was making me feel like utter shit and I figured I was using enough stuff to fix it already which turned out to be the case. I've still got the jar though so y'know if it ever flares up badly again I can give it another shot.

The Pill helped with the more obviously hormonal breakouts and gave me bigger boobs which was nice. Skin still tends to be oily but at least this is not accompanied by pimples anymore.

Am thinking about getting some mineral makeup as well one day soon, my current foundation is awesome in terms of covering bleh bits but it's also a little thick and I start getting zits if I wear it every day.

Edit: oh and also regardless of what treatments you might be using remember to keep your skin clean and moisturised and drink enough water and eat well, it does make a difference.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I went on doxycycline for a few months, worked a charm except that I got sunburnt even more easily than I did before I went on it, but this was easily worked around by wearing sunscreen so no biggie.

My doctor was pretty enthusiastic about medication lol, she also put me on the Pill, gave me a topical treatment called clindatech or something and prescribed this epic amount of vitamin A. I stopped taking the vitamin A pretty quickly because it was making me feel like utter shit and I figured I was using enough stuff to fix it already which turned out to be the case. I've still got the jar though so y'know if it ever flares up badly again I can give it another shot.

The Pill helped with the more obviously hormonal breakouts and gave me bigger boobs which was nice. Skin still tends to be oily but at least this is not accompanied by pimples anymore.

Am thinking about getting some mineral makeup as well one day soon, my current foundation is awesome in terms of covering bleh bits but it's also a little thick and I start getting zits if I wear it every day.

Edit: oh and also regardless of what treatments you might be using remember to keep your skin clean and moisturised and drink enough water and eat well, it does make a difference.
mineral foundation: i bought it today and tried it and it covered all my acne right up, and provided you do not use too much it looks natural, I tried the maybelline one i only bought it cos it was half price

nwong6

HSC
I just watch my diet. Now i have skin like jessica simpson...ok bad reference. It's actualyl reallly clear.

I'm off most soda beverages, drink heaps of water, don't eat many processed foods, have a balanced diet, bla bla bla steamed vegetables, white meat.

shu uemura oil cleanser, skII, try not to use products that dry ur skin out that much.

exohoxoh.nohomo.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
yeah when i was in melbourne during the heatwave, i drank a ridiculous amount of water, to keep cool and my skin cleared up, although i neglected taking good care of my skin, i did not have too many pimples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)