Best degree to transfer to engineering (1 Viewer)

-Danyan-

HSC
Hey could someone tell me if a bachelor of science (flexible) or a bach of maths and computing would be better off to transfer to engineering

witide

HSC
Re: What's the best way to get to Usyd?

Hey could someone tell me if a bachelor of science (flexible) or a bach of maths and computing would be better off to transfer to engineering
I want to transfer to engineering as well, so I've got B Science as my backup.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you're not making the 80 odd cutoff for engineering you might want to reconsider whether you're suited to the course, given it has such a high failure rate.

doink

Clone
HSC
you can get into engineering with a uai as low as 79 @ UTS. If you can't make that cut-off with 60% of your HSC possibly geared towards maths+physics then you probably will fail engineering anyway.

adnan91

HSC
the lowest uai ive heard of getting into uts was like 69. I think OP wants syd uni not uts or uws thats y. but u still should of done that flexible entry thingo

witide

HSC
Depends on what stream of engineering you want to transfer to. Generally, science is more flexible so you can choose more relevant subjects, but in either case you'll need a high enough combination of UAI and GPA to transfer.

Miss Winey

HSC
depends on the kind of person you are and what interests you

in science the question is "why is this like this?"
in engineering the question is "how can i improve this? make it bigger/faster/stronger/taller/more efficient/more environmentally friendly/more sustainable?"

Engineering requires a more creative brain
whereas science requires a more inquisitive brain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)