Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Forensic Chemistry

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Shipwrecks because the corrosion bit is basically covered in Engineering Studies as well, which is good for me.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Industrial Chem is good because it is based upon the ideas of the 3rd module: Chem Monit and Mgmt

cos it uses ideas similar to the Harber Process and i forgot there was a law stating that if a change is brought to a system it will counteract blah blah blah...i cannot recall the name :D

speersy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by perfectionist
Industrial Chem is good because it is based upon the ideas of the 3rd module: Chem Monit and Mgmt

cos it uses ideas similar to the Harber Process and i forgot there was a law stating that if a change is brought to a system it will counteract blah blah blah...i cannot recall the name :D
u mean le chataleirs principle (not spelt right)

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Why is forensics boring:confused: - that is supposedly one of the reasons why chem is getting so popular; people see CSI *idea* study chem:D - well thats what I did... I'm doing Forensics as an elective this year and had a look over it, it seems OK - I think its biological chemistry from the old syllabus - Pathways - by the looks of it - I bought a Pathways past paper book - 1988 to 1998 methinks - is it because you hate biology that you think Forensics is boring - admit it :p

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by speersy
u mean le chataleirs principle (not spelt right)
LOL YEAH!! :p Thanks for reminding me...:D i really forgot

Originally posted by stef since 1986
i've heard foorensics is boring as shit, idustrial is good cus (as u say) it relates to the core topic bt also shipwrecks is supposedly the most interesting..?

Our Chem teacher told us that Shipwrecks and Salvage relates to the first module's section 4- oxidation and reduction....this is what i was told, i am not sure though...!!

jimmik

HSC
we're doin industrial chem. we havent started it yet but we hav an assessment task on it so im reasearchin for it. its so BORING!!! -_-" tedious tedious stuff that is irrelevant and uninteresting. who cares how the solvay process is used to produce sodium carbonate. im not gonna need that later in life. hell its a waste of tym. unless u wanna become one of them industrial chemist pplz that is. that certainly aint me. wish we had done chemistry of art. all the colours are so very attractive...or forensic chem!

stef since 1986

i wanted to do the biochem of movement... that would have been so interesting!! if anyone does pdhpe aswell, this is IDENTICAL to wat we r learning about in core 2... (straight from bos):

9.7 Option The Biochemistry of Movement

Contextual Outline
Modern athletes are more aware of diet than previous generations, because more is known about the
chemistry of the substances in their diet. An increased understanding of the nature of the biochemical
reactions involved in muscular contraction leads to a better and more informed selection of foods.
Biochemists interested in sports performance will continue to seek natural methods of improving
performance by paying close attention to the chains of enzyme-catalysed reactions occurring in cells.
This module provides an overview of the two extremes of exercise and allows discussion of possible
directions of further research.
This module increases students understanding of the nature, practice, applications and use of
chemistry and current issues, research and developments in chemistry.

1. ATP is the energy currency of every living cell

2. Carbohydrates are an important part of an athletes diet

3. Fats are also important fuels for cells

4. Proteins are used as both structural molecules and as enzymes to catalyse metabolic reactions

5. Muscle cells cause movement by contraction along their length

6. Fats are oxidised to release energy in cells

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yeah biochem is actually really quite interesting

in one sense; u can relate to it; like ur muscles and respiratione etc

but shipwrecks; i haven't dug up a shipwreck yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)