Best English Tutoring Colleges (1 Viewer)

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
I'm currently looking for an English tuition. I currently go to NGO but it's not good (please don't question why). I want tuition recommendations (NOT PRIVATE) but not Matrix (it's not good <--- I went in the past). I want a place that focuses on analysing texts and essay writing but I want it to cover creative story writing as well (basically a place that teaches everything). I want it to teach advanced year 9 english/year 10 and I hope it's a good english advanced tuition in year 11 and 12. So far I have researched and decided Talent 100, Dux and Dr.Du seem alright. Are there any other tuitions?

P.S. I'm currently in a top 20 public high school and I want a lot of top selective kids there (don't question why).

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
Also I know about Delta but that's just extremely expensive.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
And Prime Education seems alright. Is it good?

SpiderX1X

HSC
And Prime Education seems alright. Is it good?
I go to NGO for English too, tbh it ain't that bad. However if you find a better one can you please tell me?? Thanks

SpiderX1X

HSC
Also was Matrix worse than NGO or vice versa

SpiderX1X

HSC
IKR.. same.. I go to NGO currently for English but it's not good, and I also went to Matrix in the past.. I am also trying to find a tution for English thats also not private because I am basically astray in terms of finding a good and reliable place revolving around essay/creative writing and text analysis.. if you find anything good pls let me know!
Which one was worse at English? NGO or Matrix

ColdMint123

HSC
In my opinion Matrix teaches the most random concepts that is not parallel to our school's syllabus and do not have any relevance to what I learnt in school, for example we learnt about the Shakespearean play "The taming of the shrew" in yr 8 but in school I did not learn anything about the play nor Shakespeare so that was useless. Additionally Matrix hires the most unqualified teachers that don't even teach English.. my teacher was a bachelor of arts in communication and videography and he even owned his own company, he had no prior english teaching qualifications or experience.. also Matrix loves skipping content, in class we finish like half the lesson and the teachers neglect the rest

So in comparison if I would have to pick I would rather go to NGO since the teachers there are at least qualified to teach english and they support students if they require help in english however they provide a small amount of notes because most of the stuff my teacher says is by word of mouth, and whilst teachers are talking we aren't allowed to write at all
Hmm.. I think it depends on the teachers your class gets picked. For example, I had a teacher in year 8/9 that had a pHD in English Literature, so id assume she was very qualified. She also taught well...i just didn't listen in class. I am going there again for year 11 English, so lets hope i get a good teacher. But they def teach science and maths better in matrix, having gone to all of them at least for one term.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
If you have no tutoring college recommendations for English then tell me if you were a state ranking English student (for Advanced or higher) or former HSC marker for English (not ESL or Standard).

1-99

HSC
N/A
Talent 100 is awesome for English. At the City Campus you can get the Head of English and the classes are much smaller

idkkdi

HSC
Nocap, just read books and your English scores should rocket.

Arrowshaft

HSC
I went to EMA, was helpful for me. Lots of selective school kids there and they have mocks for the whole of the last term (10 mocks in total, 5 for paper 1 and 2).

yooook

HSC
I went to EMA, was helpful for me. Lots of selective school kids there and they have mocks for the whole of the last term (10 mocks in total, 5 for paper 1 and 2).
who was your teacher?

hschelper01

HSC
^^

Honestly better off going to Art of Smart or Talent 100... I know you said you 't like Matrix...why? I went last year and it was the best decision I'd made - wouldn't have got the marks I received without them to be honest...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)