best ever concerts (1 Viewer)

scrilly

HSC
I wanted to go to megadeth but couldn't get tickets :( hopefully they'll tour again.
That's my answer - Megadeth at the Roundhouse on the 15th April 2005 (Dungeon supporting). The good news for you, my friend, is that Mustaine has apparently been talking to promoters about bringing Gigantor down under. Megadeth and Dream Theater co-headlining... :eek:

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
charred remains said:
Nothing, of all my concerts, has ever beaten A Perfect Circle, at the hordern February 19 2003. So intense, breathtaking, unbelievable...
twas my 16th birthday.

Markazzo

HSC
charred remains said:
Nothing, of all my concerts, has ever beaten A Perfect Circle, at the hordern February 19 2003. So intense, breathtaking...
A Perfect Circle played the Hordern on Friday the 20th and Saturday the 21st of February 2004. I was there for the Friday, good gig.

arrested development
HSC
The White Stripes, 25th Jan 2006 at Hordern Pavillion. Fucking incredible. :eek:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
zannaz said:
Bright Eyes...
WORD! So intense...but expected nothing less from conor.

That and Jimmy Eat World sideshow, where they played for close to 2 hours...insane.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ZOMG.

Franz Ferdinand. Enmore. 24/1/06
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

until then i had never seen a lead singer up on the bass drum. nor had i seen three men drum on one kit at the same time

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
Red Hot Chili Peppers last time they were here, the Friday. First real moshpit experience I had, in the chili bowl. Crowdsurfed and was dropped two rows from the front during the second song , and during if You had to ask, I remember being in spitting distance of Anthony. Still the best G-rated night of my life.

Runners Up
The Mess Hall at the annandale.
White Stripes @ the Enmore last week.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
u lucky cunt, thats the one band i really wanna c

i would have loved to see them when they were still high on drugs tho, they played more intence

HSC
the delta goodrem concert was RAD. even though i cant say i was sweating and headachey after it, i lost my voice. does that count?

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i am gonna have to say that the Backstreet Boys concert is the best concert ever...i absolutley loved it...i have never seen or heard of a cocnert with fireworks and fake snow...it was mind blowing...and the boys were great....i luv them so much...and they are great dancers...and they sung all their old songs as well as their new ones...they did a great job...SO BSB FOR BEST CONCERT EVER

gnrlies

HSC
Best Gigs that ive been to in order:

1 - Velvet Revolver (Hordern x 2, and Melbourne)

Best EVER! Closest thing to seeing the best live band of all time (Guns N' Roses), so I gotta give it for that alone. But they were genuinely good. Even though I may be biased, they are in a different ballpark to the other bands ive seen.

2 - The Hives (Metro and Enmore)

If I could award an award for the most entertaining band out there, the Hives win it by a mile. Pele is the best frontman around today without a doubt. VR may be in a different ballpark, but these guys are in the parking lot getting pretty damn close - every other band is still playing mini league in the entertainment stakes.

3- Metallica (Entertainment Center, and Big Day Out)

Probably not really that good a concert. In fact probably pretty lame, but I liked it for the sheer metallicaness of it. Only awarding it this position cos even though it probably wasn't that good, it still is very memorable in my mind which is probably the best measure of how much you liked a gig.

4- The Darkness (Gaelic and BDO)

Similar to the hives in the entertainment perspective, but they appeal to that raw rock n roll vibe a little more. Very exciting to watch. Have some bloody good tunes as well.

5- Scissor Sisters (Metro)

;)

6- Midnight Oil (Wave Aid)

Im glad I got to see these guys!~ I was thrilled when they were reunited cos I was too young to see them before they broke up.

7- Motley Crue (Superdome)

Only one Id be ashamed of haha they sucked but the over the topness did it for me

8- Franz Ferdinand (Metro and Enmore)

Probably not that thrilling but better than the other similar bands going around. Very Very classy.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
gnrlies said:
2 - The Hives (Metro and Enmore)

If I could award an award for the most entertaining band out there, the Hives win it by a mile. Pele is the best frontman around today without a doubt. VR may be in a different ballpark, but these guys are in the parking lot getting pretty damn close - every other band is still playing mini league in the entertainment stakes.
i saw the hives for the first time at last years big day out. was so impressed!!!!! pelle is a fantastic on stage performer!! (despite the cockyness)

gnrlies said:
5- Scissor Sisters (Metro)
100000000000 x jealous

gnrlies said:
;)8- Franz Ferdinand (Metro and Enmore)

Probably not that thrilling but better than the other similar bands going around. Very Very classy.
ok so im going to disagree with every bad comment about franz... but i loved alex as a onstage performer.

but hey. i love alex fullstop.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i know many may not agree with me

but John Mayer, 2004

The man is my hero/future husband/soul mate/definition of my own personal perfect man and he told us he'd take his shirt off by sundown. In which he didnt. Such a tease. Although he did tell us he loved us, 'i love you too ladies' and told us about how his mum thought guitar playing was what, 'musically masturbating' and other such memories

he played 'man on the side' in which he never usually does unless he's really likes where he is. and he played 'covered in rain'... just songs he rarely plays and i DIED when i heard both.

He sat down all close and intimate with the people in the front, and I hate them for it. I'll be there next time though.

Ready,
front row centre,
with all of my minions,

to climb up and rape him.

I grew ever so closer to being the weird stalker-in-the-bushes sort of person. I feel so weird when I buy his merch, t-shirts, cd's, posters, etc, as if its just one step closer to him. I know his private life. I know who his best mates are. I know the way he talks to the point that I can tell whether its him or not when them claim john mayer wrote it. I recognise his signature.

I swear he'd freak if he ever knew how psychotic I am. But I wouldn't show it off. His lyrics and his love for the blues really speak to me. His silly jokes. I swear we're two of a kind. I have considered going to America, to casually flirt, to get to know him, to see him, etc, get him to marry me.

It kills me that this is a fantasy.

Also annoys my long term boyfriend.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Wow ... would've killed to see Mayer in concert :( .. sounds amazing, cant believe he played man on the side!!

1. nine inch nails (enmore) - as a long time fan of the nails, this really was amazing. Playing "Ruiner", a song from the downward spiral that I thought was too challenging to play Live, was played .. its also a song whose lyrics resonate within me through my life.

2. the white stripes (sydney bdo 06) - although the show was plagued with difficulties (starting late, feedback during the nurse, idiot with a laser pointer), and I was only able to make out their outlines, watching this concert inspired me to start saving up to see them live in america. It was amazing to hear the songs live, in their raw form. Truly special for me ..

3. the hives (sydney bdo 05) - first time i'd ever heard them, was in the mosh and the way they worked the crowd was awesome. Bought tyrannosaurus hives the next day :)

chikkin_blob

tasha1188 said:
i am gonna have to say that the Backstreet Boys concert is the best concert ever...i absolutley loved it...i have never seen or heard of a cocnert with fireworks and fake snow...it was mind blowing...and the boys were great....i luv them so much...and they are great dancers...and they sung all their old songs as well as their new ones...they did a great job...SO BSB FOR BEST CONCERT EVER
I TOTALLY AGREE. backstreet boys concert... BEST EVER.

strong_helga

Western Sydney bitches! yeah up for fairfield!
HSC
loved Funeral for a Friend at TasteofChaos. Just cuz they were my fav band.
As for moshing n stuff, Blackstump 2005 was the best festival so far (omfg 3 nights of moshing! <3<3) and Mudvayne for the headache and deafness afterwards. XD was deaf in my right side for like, days after Mudvayne.

yy

HSC
N/A
ok, this is not really a concert. ultra 1st birthday @ metro was awesome.

gnrlies

HSC
Born Dancer said:
i saw the hives for the first time at last years big day out. was so impressed!!!!! pelle is a fantastic on stage performer!! (despite the cockyness)
The cockyness is part of the charm. They wouldn't be so funny or confident if they didn't think hey were the best band ever to walk on the face of the planet

ok so im going to disagree with every bad comment about franz... but i loved alex as a onstage performer.

but hey. i love alex fullstop.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Its not that they were bad, in fact ive gone out of my way to mention them as a "better" band that ive seen, its just that out of everyband ive witnessed (mostly in person) and some on DVD or footage, theres nothing overly special or completely grounbreaking,.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)