Best EVER Sporting Quotes (1 Viewer)

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Yes...I want to see all the best sporting quotes ever...

A few bowling ones to get us started:
"Mattys on a double, thats 2 in a row..." (well thank you captain obvious)
"He's in there like swimwear..." (gets so annoying after a while)
"Theres more strikes here than French Air Traffic control..."
"Dont worry about Kirsten being 40 pins down, she likes to come from behind..." (the telecast when silent for the next 10 seconds)
"He's found the water supply but the house has already burnt down" (said after someone started striking after his opponent had already won the match)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Bowling is the unfunniest sport around. Even the fat, retarded people who play it aren't funny.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Who the hell does professional bowling? Thats such a joke. The epitomy of lame. Is this thread here for sports whos 'quotes' do not live up to cricket sledges?

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Komit said:
Bowling is the unfunniest sport around. Even the fat, retarded people who play it aren't funny.
Geez...looks like someone wishes they knew how to bowl...
And whats supposed 2 be funny bout it?? I do not see what you are getting at...
And this thread is for quotes from ALL sports...like cricket, soccer, football etc etc etc...

Bookie...dont knock it til u try it. Bowling is such a great sport...be played regardless of the weather...unlike cricket, soccer and football. Its a game of skill, accuracy and patience...things you probably know NOTHING about...fool.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Komit said:
haha thats gold :D

davo_

good kid
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Geez...looks like someone wishes they knew how to bowl...
And whats supposed 2 be funny bout it?? I do not see what you are getting at...
And this thread is for quotes from ALL sports...like cricket, soccer, football etc etc etc...

Bookie...dont knock it til u try it. Bowling is such a great sport...be played regardless of the weather...unlike cricket, soccer and football. Its a game of skill, accuracy and patience...things you probably know NOTHING about...fool.
I've had my disagreements with Bookie before but I'm on his side this time; you don't make a very good argument. Firstly it doesn't sound like Komit wishes he knew how to bowl; secondly its not that technical- ie its not that hard to know. Continuing on: I'm sure Bookie has tried ten pin bowling before. I think the point he is making that it's alright for a bit of social fun, but once you start taking it seriously it is a bit lame. Your point about the weather is valid for cricket; but generally untrue for sports such as soccer and football. There needs to be pretty extreme weather conditions to stop a soccer or a football match: conditions that would probably stop a bowling game regardless. And I'd have to say almost all games involve accuracy, skill and patience (although I do question how much patience is needed in a game of ten pin bowling...).

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Thanks Davo.

I've tried Ten Pin bowling - however the availability of it (theres not a centre in every street, and you can't really go to one regularly), and it costs so much. I might be a cheaparse, but I could seriously spend that money on other leisure activities.

I do table tennis at school now, and I happen to be the only non-Asian guy there, not that its got anything to do with it, but some of those guys have been practising seriously since they were like in primary school. Table tennis is a leisure game. It requires a lot of skill to be good at it, but I dont think it should be taken seriously.

Same goes with bowling. I'll go someday, but when if it rained, and I had a couple of hours on hand and some cash, I'd be off to the indoor cricket centre (even though I havent played since Year 8).

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Dnt call him a fool just cos he doesnt like Bowling. Not everyone shares the same interest as you. We understand that you love bowling heaps, but the point being made is that- it shouldnt be taken so seriously cos theres just no intensity that it provides. Theres no passion involved in it as opposed to like cricket, soccer and football. And im sure this can be justified in the way Bowling isnt as popular as other sports. Bowling can be fun for those one-off moments. Like when im forced to do it as Tuesday Sport (last year). But im never going to go hardcore radical with it like i am with Rugby League and like, Kickboxing, etc.

davo_ said:
And I'd have to say almost all games involve accuracy, skill and patience (although I do question how much patience is needed in a game of ten pin bowling...).
Hehe. Exactly.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
Dnt call him a fool just cos he doesnt like Bowling. Not everyone shares the same interest as you. We understand that you love bowling heaps, but the point being made is that- it shouldnt be taken so seriously cos theres just no intensity that it provides. Theres no passion involved in it as opposed to like cricket, soccer and football. And im sure this can be justified in the way Bowling isnt as popular as other sports. Bowling can be fun for those one-off moments. Like when im forced to do it as Tuesday Sport (last year). But im never going to go hardcore radical with it like i am with Rugby League and like, Kickboxing, etc.
Dont call me a fool eh? Gee, theres a soft spot in my heart for you now.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
davo_ said:
I've had my disagreements with Bookie before but I'm on his side this time; you don't make a very good argument. Firstly it doesn't sound like Komit wishes he knew how to bowl; secondly its not that technical- ie its not that hard to know. Continuing on: I'm sure Bookie has tried ten pin bowling before. I think the point he is making that it's alright for a bit of social fun, but once you start taking it seriously it is a bit lame. Your point about the weather is valid for cricket; but generally untrue for sports such as soccer and football. There needs to be pretty extreme weather conditions to stop a soccer or a football match: conditions that would probably stop a bowling game regardless. And I'd have to say almost all games involve accuracy, skill and patience (although I do question how much patience is needed in a game of ten pin bowling...).
Not that technical?? You really should get out more...like really...theres more to the game than picking up a ball and rolling it at the ten pins that are 60ft away from you...
Gets a bit lame after you start taking it seriously??? Have you ever TRIED to take it seriously??? The odds are no, so perhaps you should come along to the most prestigious event in Junior bowling and THEN we will see how lame it is...
The only thing that can stop a bowling tournament or anything is power failure (or some extreme weather condition eg cyclone)...no one gives a fuck what the weather is like coz we're inside all high and dry!
And how much patience do you need?? Well I dare you to go watch someone who is making constant good shots and consistantly leaving a corner pin...you watch how fast someone loses their temper.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Not that technical?? You really should get out more...like really...theres more to the game than picking up a ball and rolling it at the ten pins that are 60ft away from you...
And that is...

Lil Jen Jen said:
Gets a bit lame after you start taking it seriously??? Have you ever TRIED to take it seriously??? The odds are no, so perhaps you should come along to the most prestigious event in Junior bowling and THEN we will see how lame it is...
Why would anyone do something so lame?

Inall seriousness, the most serious bowling gets in my life is the Boots N All bowl off.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
shortygb said:
Bookie and Co. , just because you dont like bowling it dosent mean you can bag out others who do like it.
Bookie and davo are taking the piss. To hilarious effect I might add.

davo_

good kid
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
The only thing that can stop a bowling tournament or anything is power failure (or some extreme weather condition eg cyclone)...no one gives a fuck what the weather is like coz we're inside all high and dry!
And how much patience do you need?? Well I dare you to go watch someone who is making constant good shots and consistantly leaving a corner pin...you watch how fast someone loses their temper.
On your first point: you have to take it seriously to let it get so technical, in which case you are lame as we have already pointed out.
On your second point: the sport does not appeal to me as something that should be taken seriously. Prestigious and bowling just sounds funny in the same sentence.
On your third point; it is the same sort of weather that would be needed to shut off a soccer or football game. You mustn't watch much sport, but games are played in the wet regardless.
On your fourth point: I am not going to take up your dare and besides what you have stated has little to do with patience . If you didn't take it seriously and weren't so shit you wouldn't need to be patient with bowling; if your so shit and bowling you probably aren't going to take it seriously; and if you are serious about bowling then you shouldn't be so shit. And besides I already stated that almost any sport/game/whatever you tell me about is going to involve some type of patience.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
davo_ said:
On your first point: you have to take it seriously to let it get so technical, in which case you are lame as we have already pointed out.
On your second point: the sport does not appeal to me as something that should be taken seriously. Prestigious and bowling just sounds funny in the same sentence.
On your third point; it is the same sort of weather that would be needed to shut off a soccer or football game. You mustn't watch much sport, but games are played in the wet regardless.
On your fourth point: I am not going to take up your dare and besides what you have stated has little to do with patience . If you didn't take it seriously and weren't so shit you wouldn't need to be patient with bowling; if your so shit and bowling you probably aren't going to take it seriously; and if you are serious about bowling then you shouldn't be so shit. And besides I already stated that almost any sport/game/whatever you tell me about is going to involve some type of patience.
-Ok, so Im lame just coz I have a chosen sport that I have become good at and know all about it?? Well would the same thing apply to those who have taken up something like Baseball or Swimming to a serious level??
-Prestigious and bowling sound funny in the same sentence? Lots of words sound funny in the same sentence...not just those two
-You are right...I do not watch much sport (well not the soccer/football games anyway), the sports you are more likely to catch me watching are bowling and snooker so thank you I have just learnt something
-Well I never said that you dont need patience in any sport except bowling...So consistantly hitting the pocket and not getting the pin action you want even at a very high level doesnt get frustrating??? Patience and being able to control all emotions is what makes a good bowler. (And before anyone can jump down my throat...probably part of being a good cricketer, footballer etc)

Anyways, why dont we get back on topic and post sporting quotes from ALL SPORTS...I only started off with the ones I did because they were the first things that came to my mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)