Best Face Cleansers (1 Viewer)

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
What face cleansers do you use or have used in the past? There might be threads on this already but new products are always emerging.

I've noticed, especially if you're prone to pimples here and there, that once you start using a face cleanser, it starts losing its effectiveness after a while.

Ive tried clearasil, and garnier pure so far. I like the tingly sensation of garnier but atm i'm just washing my face with good ole water (plain soap gives me weird bumps on my face) and just hoping that with a good diet, and plenty of water (drinking) my pimples will clear naturally with time.

What do u think?

CieL

HSC
Biotherm.
You wont believe how much softer you face feels straight after using it [even once]..

ellen.louise

HSC
Mary Kay. All the way. It works really really well for me and the moisturiser makes your skin feel sooooooooo nice...

But yeah diet and heaps of water will probably make the biggest impact.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
AlleyCat said:
cetaphil.
they make face cleansers as well? interesting

I've tried their moisturiser but it caused these colourless bumps on my skin. Now that its winter i need a suitable moisturiser that wont cause breakouts.

Do u think its best to use a moisturiser that matches ur cleanser. E.g if using garnier pure face wash > use the corresponding garnier pure mosturiser?

The thing is everyone's skin type is different> I've got light acne on my cheeks that comes and goes constantly and sensitive skin. This is a good way to see which cleansers are the most popular anyway.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, if you're like me and have "combination" skin but your T zone isn't *too* oily, good old water works perfectly fine. I'm lucky to have good skin--I only break out with the odd pimple here and there near my period, and I generally leave these alone (last time I fiddled with a pimple it grew really big and sore!)

Skeeta

HSC
I always used to use neutrogena and it kept my skin fairly clear. Since my skins been good for a while, i switched to cetaphil and its going a bit gross :( Cetaphil makes my skin feel better, but now i'm getting a few zits.

I dont know if its from the cleanser though, or from stress/hormones/aids. Will stick to cetaphil for now and hope things clear up on their own.

Skeeta

HSC
OHMYGOD

Y'know how when babies are born they're covered in all that white gunk to protect their skin? My mum SWEARS that when i was born.. i was fucking covered in it, and the nurses wiped it off me and put it on their faces, because they swear its the best moisturiser in teh world.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Skeeta said:
OHMYGOD

Y'know how when babies are born they're covered in all that white gunk to protect their skin? My mum SWEARS that when i was born.. i was fucking covered in it, and the nurses wiped it off me and put it on their faces, because they swear its the best moisturiser in teh world.
hahahaha...ew. hope noone did that to me :eek:

rozymisty

HSC
If your acne is really bad, you can try going on the pill just to control the hormones.

I dont really bother with make up and all that sort of stuff...too lazy. Though i should start to use them now that im like 22...want smooth skin for a while thanks lol

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Proactiv sucked for me personally, total waste, although the moisturiser did smell nice. I use Clean & Clear Deep Action cream cleanser and then Clearasil deep pore scrub (the one thats meant to show some kind of improvement in 3 days or whatever). One over the top of the other, scrub lots, then rinse it off WITH WARM WATER OR YOUR FACE WILL FREEZE OFF :(
And yeah, go on the pill, even though it'll take a while but you'll notice a difference eventually. Also seconding (thirding?) the diet & water thing.

And also, Skeeta, that is one f-n weird story >_<

HSC
I've tried nearly every brand on the supermarket shelf (neutrogena, Dove, Clean and Clear, L'oreal, St Ives, Cetaphil, Garnier, Nivea, Clearesil) and I swear, the Biore Shine Control Cream Cleanser is the best that I've used. I don't think that it's specially formulated for pimples but it won't dry out your skin like most face cleansers that are for pimples and it keeps my face from going greasy. The moisturiser is quite good as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)