Best/highest paying part time jobs (1 Viewer)

RANK 1

HSC
ok so hsc is about to finish and im going to be looking for a part time job. what, in your opinion is the best job in terms of benefits such as discounts, being a bludge, etc.

explain your opinion. and also what are the highest paying jobs at this tier.

b3kh1t

HSC
ok so hsc is about to finish and im going to be looking for a part time job. what, in your opinion is the best job in terms of benefits such as discounts, being a bludge, etc.

explain your opinion. and also what are the highest paying jobs at this tier.
The manual labour jobs are one of the highest, and traffic control lol except that's just a bludge

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
I work as an admin assistant, pay is good at 23 per hour. More stress and workload but better than doing job at maccas I guess.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For highest paying (and relatively bludgey), I'd probably say tutoring...more specifically at a coaching centre where it is very structured and worksheets are already made. One could also say private tutoring as well but this requires more effort in the sense that you have to take time outside lessons to prepare the lessons/worksheets/notes on your own.

Provided you have good knowledge of the subject you are teaching and good academic credentials then there should be no reason why you can't get $25+ per hour. Plus, if you already know your stuff then there is no need to revisit the theory the night before so just rock up and explain stuff you already know. Another benefit is that the hours are well suited to uni lifestyle because they often take place on weekends or outside school hours (i.e. outside normal uni hours).

The downside is a lack of flexibility and if you are unlucky enough to end up with students who have ADHD or attitude problems then it gets tough (though this is probably not much different to serving difficult customers).

Perhaps another downside or upside depending on how you see it is that there are no continuous long hours/days like a retail job. What that means is that you can work for like 8 hours straight on Saturday in a retail job and get paid like $120 (say $15 an hour) or you work for 4 hours (i.e. 2 lessons) on Saturday in a tutoring job and get paid like $100 (say $25 per hour) which is less than the retail in total. In a tutoring job you can't work for 8 hours straight like retail because of the timetabling of classes. The upside is obviously less hours but the downside is less aggregate income.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget tutoring has prep time though if it's not at a tutoring centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Presume so. All my friends over the years who worked at star were adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Inghams backline boner.
Casual rate $28ph.
3 days work gets 700odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)