Best in State (1 Viewer)

nono

HSC
N/A
Ok, need to clear up some issues that I'm not sure about:

1) Is the best in state award for each subject based on the HSC exam or is it a combination of both internal and external marks?

2) Is the Premier's Award the thing you get for getting band 6 in your top 10 units? Is this the thing you get money for??

3) Do you get told if you come in the top 5, 10, 20 or whatever, for a subject and if so, how? Is it by phone??

4) For UAI calculations, do they take your aligned mark, or your raw marks from the HSC exam? Or do they take the average of both HSC and internal assessments after they've been aligned??

I'm sure there are more people out there who are confused about this as I am!

Thanks everyone!

7th Sign

HSC
My sister got a premiers award, You dont get money for it all you get is this glass trophey and a award and you get to go to morning tea and shake hands with the premier. arounf 0.5% of people who sit the hsc get these awards but so its a pretty hard thing to get.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Ok, need to clear up some issues that I'm not sure about:

1) Is the best in state award for each subject based on the HSC exam or is it a combination of both internal and external marks? Both

2) Is the Premier's Award the thing you get for getting band 6 in your top 10 units? Is this the thing you get money for?? Yes, but you get no money.

3) Do you get told if you come in the top 5, 10, 20 or whatever, for a subject and if so, how? Is it by phone?? I think only the person who comes first gets a phone call, although i may be wrong.

4) For UAI calculations, do they take your aligned mark, or your raw marks from the HSC exam? Or do they take the average of both HSC and internal assessments after they've been aligned?? Your raw mark is aligned by BOS and then UAC scale it to calculate your UAI.

I'm sure there are more people out there who are confused about this as I am!

Thanks everyone!

nono

HSC
N/A
sikeveo said:
4) For UAI calculations, do they take your aligned mark, or your raw marks from the HSC exam? Or do they take the average of both HSC and internal assessments after they've been aligned?? Your raw mark is aligned by BOS and then UAC scale it to calculate your UAI.
When you say "raw mark is aligned by BOS" do you mean just the external exam or both internal and external put together...

HSC
sikeveo said:
No. They scale your aligned mark which is given to them by BOS.
No, it is the raw mark that UAC use. This fact is made explicit on the UAC Technical Reports on Scaling.

adambra

HSC
sikeveo said:
No. They scale your aligned mark which is given to them by BOS.
No they scale your HSC mark. This is an average of your moderated assesment mark and your RAW HSC mark.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
adambra said:
No they scale your HSC mark. This is an average of your moderated assesment mark and your RAW HSC mark.
Both your marks are aligned and moderated (in the case of the school assesment mark) and then the average of these marks is your aligned HSC mark. This is then aligned by UAC to create your UAI.

You're a little lost. Read Lazs' posts in the UAI Technical Forum.

adambra

HSC
sikeveo said:
Both your marks are aligned and moderated (in the case of the school assesment mark) and then the average of these marks is your aligned HSC mark. This is then aligned by UAC to create your UAI.

You're a little lost. Read Lazs' posts in the UAI Technical Forum.
Sorry, but I think you are the one that is lost. RAW HSC marks are used in the calculation of UAI.

adambra

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=60687

withoutaface said:
What about aligning?
This is a completely different process, carried out by the BOS, where students raw marks are aligned to standards, say if their raw mark would indicate thorough knowledge of the work they get a band 6. Raw marks, not aligned marks are used in the calculation of scaled marks and the UAI. Aligned marks are explained in more detail here.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I think just the first in state gets a phone call so they can go and get their certificates and pose for the picture in the paper.. my friend Magda got 3rd in E&E last year but she didnt get a call (she didnt even have any idea.. she was driving up the coast and getting all these congratulations messages and going wtf)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)