Best Lecturers at USyd (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Silver Persian said:
yep. he usually takes ecop1001
He was on the lateline or some other show a while back, he was talking about the growth in executive salaries.

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
He was on the lateline or some other show a while back, he was talking about the growth in executive salaries.
Oh really!?! It would have been so cool to see Frankie pwning that smug Tony Jones

Anonymous1

HSC
Remembered half the bald guys name from human bio -

Something Murray.

Awesome analogies.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
velox said:
David Easdown is a great maths lecturer.

Charlie Macasakill is a pretty good tutor also.

I heard Peter Buchen is awesome too.
Charlie Macaskall is awesome. I might have Peter Buchen next year...so that's good. I wish I had Easdown...I hear so much great stuff from him...
From the chemistry school, I think Adam Bridgeman was awesome, especially with his willingness to help and resources provided, at least out of all the other lecturers I had anyway. Scott Kable's pretty good as well...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Oh yeah I forgot about Scott Kable. Him too. He's awesome. He like, provides an encyclopedia of information on webCT for the subjects he teaches. Awesome dude outside of lectures too.

I reckon he'll be head of the school of chem once warr steps aside. yep.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Charlie Macaskall is awesome. I might have Peter Buchen next year...so that's good. I wish I had Easdown...I hear so much great stuff from him...
From the chemistry school, I think Adam Bridgeman was awesome, especially with his willingness to help and resources provided, at least out of all the other lecturers I had anyway. Scott Kable's pretty good as well...
Are you in my financial maths lecture?

Peter Buchen teaches derivatives, so you may have him if you do finance.

velox said:
David Easdown is a great maths lecturer.

Charlie Macasakill is a pretty good tutor also.

I heard Peter Buchen is awesome too.
Sorry need to add to this:

Dietmar Muller - the best lecturer I have ever had (you can even have a drink with him). Explains stuff in a manner that you will remember it, and then smile everytime because he's hillarious.

Patrice Rey - Always goes the extra mile to explain stuff, very knowledgeable, and is always easy to approach for advice for anything related to geology/geophysics. Would not hesitate to have him as a supervisor for honours.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Greg Sword (he has FSM as his desktop image), Ben Oldroyd, Adele Pile (when she's not being an ebil biotch), Liz May, Dieter Hotchuli, Ross Coleman (when not being exceedingly anal)...

velox said:
Dietmar Muller - the best lecturer I have ever had (you can even have a drink with him). Explains stuff in a manner that you will remember it, and then smile everytime because he's hillarious.

Patrice Rey - Always goes the extra mile to explain stuff, very knowledgeable, and is always easy to approach for advice for anything related to geology/geophysics. Would not hesitate to have him as a supervisor for honours.
Are you serious? Both of them are well versed in the science of vaguaries, and while both of them know their shit, they both assume you know shit that they know and you don't. And Patrice, while being a really lovely guy, is just so hard to understand.

EDIT: And being able to have a drink with someone != good lecturer. I can have drinks with most of mine, lol (and Ross taught us some wicked drinking games on a field trip)

miss_shady72

HSC
Stephen Juan (Dr Stevie :uhhuh: ) - he does Education. Most knowledgeable guy ever. Some of the only lectures I enjoyed this semester. He's at uni like 24/7 and goes on the Today show and radio interviews and what not. Lol.

Robert Dixon and Bernadette Brennan - both do Aus literature/ENGL1008. They know what they're talking about.

spence

HSC
Maylax said:
Definitely Jeff Tatum. I only ever showed up to my Ancient Rome lectures this semester for him LOL.
So many people are like that, Paul's lectures have like half as many people turn up, and Ted's have like half as much again.
Has anyone else seen Jeff's Facebook group?

DeepDarkRose

HSC
Maylax said:
It's because neither of them will ever be as exciting as Tatum's.

Ted's lectures killede so much though, if he was lecturing then there was a 100% chance that I'd be skipping Ancient that day haha.

... HE HAS A FACEBOOK GROUP?! Brb, joining.
haha yea he does, it's called Jeff Tatum is Caesar
fitting title

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Greg Sword (he has FSM as his desktop image), Ben Oldroyd, Adele Pile (when she's not being an ebil biotch), Liz May, Dieter Hotchuli, Ross Coleman (when not being exceedingly anal)...

Are you serious? Both of them are well versed in the science of vaguaries, and while both of them know their shit, they both assume you know shit that they know and you don't. And Patrice, while being a really lovely guy, is just so hard to understand.

EDIT: And being able to have a drink with someone != good lecturer. I can have drinks with most of mine, lol (and Ross taught us some wicked drinking games on a field trip)
Patrice is easy to understand if you try. I try to keep up, so I can generally understand what they are on about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)