Best mobile phone plan and pre-paid plan (1 Viewer)

jrad

HSC
Ive been on a virgin plan for the last 24 months and have decided to go for something with more value. What provider are you with and do you reccomend it?

What are the best features of your plan?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Optus prepaid, and definately recommend.

why? You only need to recharge once every 2 months as opposed to every month (so for people like me who can sometimes go $15 per month, this is great). Optus also has turbocharge which ROCKS, gives you basically the same amount of credit to play with as a plan, but is still pre-paid.

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
It's good to be 3 :)

I pay $29 p/month and get $120 worth of calls/msgs. Paid nothing for the phone and they send me a monthly bill which includes the date they are going to remove the 29 from my account.

This is the first plan I have been on - prior to turning 18 I was always on pre-paid. So, while I don't have much to compare it to, I believe its a pretty good deal!

HSC
N/A
Optus Turbocharge is a bit like that, except it's all prepaid :) I think it;s $120 credit from $30 recharge but can't be sure... you need to recharge once a month though.

nwatts

HSC
You can't sign up for turbocharge anymore. Optus blokes I talked to around a month ago now told me that they no longer sign up new customers under the turbocharge, but keep up the service for those already on.

I'm with vodafone, on a plan. Quite happy with it, mostly for the flat 22c vodafone to vodafone call charge, which I make extensive use of.

HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
You can't sign up for turbocharge anymore. Optus blokes I talked to around a month ago now told me that they no longer sign up new customers under the turbocharge, but keep up the service for those already on.

I'm with vodafone, on a plan. Quite happy with it, mostly for the flat 22c vodafone to vodafone call charge, which I make extensive use of.
Whaaa? I just saw the add for turbocharge on TV today!!!

nwatts

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Whaaa? I just saw the add for turbocharge on TV today!!!
Really?

Bastards. I was fully ready to get the turbocharge but they refused me. :(

HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
Really?

Serious. They have this cute little penguin add where one's hyper and bounces around to boppy music. *bops*

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nwatts said:
Mate im on this same plan, but are you sure its unlimited voda to voda? ive always thought it was like 20 minutes at most.

are you on the business plan or the normal one? i dont make friends with people who arent on voda anymore

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
nwatts said:
Really?

I signed up less than a month ago and they extended i'm sure I saw it on the latest ad.

Its great $30=$120 so its like all those call caps but prepaid, only problem for some is u must recharge every month but ur unused credits roll over :)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
hmmm virgin has stopped giving me $20 credit every month :(
vodaphone sounds smarmy
what happens if you don't recharge every month?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm on a virgin cap. they went very non-cool 3 days before i changed over without any warning, so not cool :( it used to be virgin to virgin rates or extra credit, and now its just the one gay amount, and no v to v rates (eventhough the calls to my bf came up cheaper on my bill, he's on virgin *shrugs*), and higher flagfall

i've checked the other caps (and turbocharge-esque ideas) out, but i seriously dont use that much money a month - my bills on my last plan (orange) were only ~$20 ($30 max in the past 6mths to year). and the only reason i had to change to someone else is caus my bro offered me his old, still quite sexy 6230i for only $200 (though i only really payed $100 caus he gave me $100 for my bday), including a bluetooth adaptor for the comp & a headset for the radio.

other than boring $20+ a month prepaid (which arent that good imo), is there anything that's cheap and gives good rates and/or extra credit (that i will actually have a hope in hell of using)??

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i still have a old-2001 optus pre-paid sim that i use as my primary :p.. recharge 6mthly.. and its 22c/10mins.. (7pm-7am @night..) lolz...

i have another fone too ... but i can never remember its details.. virgin plan me thinks

kaylz

HSC
My plan ran out in april and I want to go prepaid. I send about 1238964928457029348029457 text messages per month, and my phone bills were constantly around the $90 mark - fairly impressive considering there was $45 "free". Is voda redsim any good?

sja

dingleberry
HSC
vodafone or optus are great choices

i'm with vodafone prepaid. i need to recharge $30 every 2 months (not 1).
with the $30 recharge, i get 2 hours free talk to any-one on any other network from 8pm to 8am.

i also get 100 minutes (1 hr 40 minutes) free vodafone-to-vodafone network only.
this is the night-talker plan by the way.

you can also get the texting one, it gives like 120 free text messages with every $30 recharge, and 100 free voda2voda minutes.

optus gives you 5 hrs free talk (but u gotta pay 30c for it) optus prepaid to optus prepaid only.

suzieee

HSC
i can only have telstra, since where i live i can only get next g reception. i have freedom list, which is where you choose 5 telstra numbers and can call or text them anytime for free. you recharge $30 and get the free calls and texts for 30 days. then you can use the $30 for calls and texts to numbers not on your freedom list. it works ok for me :)

chiwuwu

HSC
N/A
hYperTrOphY said:
It's good to be 3 :)

I pay $29 p/month and get $120 worth of calls/msgs. Paid nothing for the phone and they send me a monthly bill which includes the date they are going to remove the 29 from my account.

This is the first plan I have been on - prior to turning 18 I was always on pre-paid. So, while I don't have much to compare it to, I believe its a pretty good deal!

They also have a a great Windows Mobile phone called the HTC 3600i for 10 bucks a month on this plan. I've used one for the last year and it's a fantastic phone. Does push email, MSN, you can even get a hosted exchange through a company in the states, so if you lose your phone you never lose your info. Three use Telstra as the backup network, do you always have coverage.

chiwuwu

HSC
N/A
kaylz said:
My plan ran out in april and I want to go prepaid. I send about 1238964928457029348029457 text messages per month, and my phone bills were constantly around the $90 mark - fairly impressive considering there was $45 "free". Is voda redsim any good?
Voda have a month to month contract, so you can have the benefits of a contract, without signing for 24 months.
http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/plans/onaccount/index.htm

They also have month to month data plans so you can get your email without a massive bill. The data plants are really good, and then you can start using features on smartphones.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
vodaphone prepaid - then choose 365 plan - credit lasts for a year!!!!
(however calls/texts are slightly more expensive)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)