Best Movie 2008: Slumdog Millionare (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Didn't like wall-e.

Idk what the best movie of 2008 is, a few good ones to choose from.

I really enjoyed taken, i know lots of people said it was shit, but i liked it:wave:

i loved taken. and slumdog millionaire was great! though bit confusing at the beginning all the little indian boys looked the same. haha.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
LOL@ Dark Knight as the best movie. wont happen, cos no one cares about heath ledger. and lets face it, thats the only reason anyone really liked that movie. sympathy votes.

I dont think slumdog deserves best movie, because while it was everything a film should be and more, it was more an enjoyable experience than anything really magical or enthralling. having said that, i still hope it wins because it would cast a bit of light on the fact that good movies dont have to come out of the west.
Talk about fail son. A) It's not a Bollywood film you twat. B) You say no one cares about Heath Ledger, then claim he gets sympathy votes? What? People sympathize for him because they DON'T care?
These clear signs of ignorance have trumped any amount of creative input you have to offer. In other words, the local Imam extremist's opinion is more appealing to me then your own. Do mankind a favour and hold your breath.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
tv commercial has sigur ros as the background song=massive winnar.

Lentern

HSC
I enjoyed the first half of the film, quite gripping and intriguing. But I'd say I got about fifty minutes into the film and thought, I can see exactly how this is going to wrap up and it dissapointed me. I like when a film almost breaks down the fictional and real universe, and it just severs that when they decide to wrap it all up neatly and happilly at the end.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i enjoyed the movie.

haha i love the host of 'who wants to be a millionaire' in the film. i laughed nearly everytime he spoke.

"ladies and gentleman, WATTA PLAYER!!''

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Dark Knight...
"WHY SO SERIOUS?" was great
Wall-E was awesome, Street Kings also good... Can't think BBL

HSC
more 'feel good' movies like this should be made, instead of the big ass budget hollywood films.

spiny norman

HSC
Slumdog was really nice but did anyone else crack the fuck up at the fact they had to slip abit of Bollywood razzle dazzle lalalallalala dancing ensemble at the end?

Thought it completely undermined any poignancy lol
No way.

The film began with this kid's torture, followed him through all these troubles, only for him to come out on top. I felt the dance sequence, if anything, was like the ultimate joyous catharsis for the film that had been building to some kind of happiness all the way through. The dance sequence is one of my favourite bits of the film, which is one that only increases in my estimation on further reflection (which is rare).

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Slumdog was really nice but did anyone else crack the fuck up at the fact they had to slip abit of Bollywood razzle dazzle lalalallalala dancing ensemble at the end?

Thought it completely undermined any poignancy lol
haha yep. :D

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I think slumdog was an amazing movie, can not wait till it comes out on DVD

Wall-e was also good, not quite as good as slumdog

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Some people said it was predictable? If in terms of getting the girl that was
obvious. But how he achieved her was unpredictable. I honestly thought he
would win the money and make a trade for her. Slumdog is definitely the best
film of 08.

Gdedaj

Procrastinator
HSC
I loved the movie, but watching it a second time, little things bugged me..
I didn't like how creepy Jamal was at times lol. Whenever he said it was 'fate' or 'destiny' I couldn't help but cringe :/
Other than that though, i enjoyed it. I liked how it was funny one moment, then sad the next. (toilet scene, how they ended up leaving the slums)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)