Best of Software: (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
the problem with dragon is that you have to speak slowly for it to understand the word. i find it quicker to just type it. i think word xp comes with a speech regocnition feature.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ezzy85
the problem with dragon is that you have to speak slowly for it to understand the word. i find it quicker to just type it. i think word xp comes with a speech regocnition feature.
Yep, you're correct ezzy.

Ive used dragon once before, but this was a few years ago and it was basically crap (because i have a 'slight' lisp :p)

i do find it faster to type, and i dont think anybody would be "speaking" over 100WPM or even at the 'fastest' 160-180WPM using dragon *solely*

word XP and word 2003 comes with speech recognition, yep.

About speech recognition
This feature is available in the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English (U.S.), and Japanese language versions of Microsoft Office. Speech recognition is installed in all Office programs by initially using the feature in Microsoft Word, or by doing a custom installation. For details, see Install and train speech recognition.

You can use speech recognition to dictate text into any Office program. You can also select menu, toolbar, dialog box (U.S. English only), and task pane (task pane: A window within an Office application that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.) (U.S. English only) items by using your voice.

*fast forward*

Speech recognition is not designed for completely hands-free operation; you'll get the best results if you use a combination of your voice and the mouse or keyboard.

To use speech recognition for the first time, install it by clicking Speech on the Tools menu in Microsoft Word, or by doing a custom installation. After speech recognition is installed, it is available on the Tools menu in any speech-enabled Office program.

:)

Speech recognition requirements

To use speech recognition, you need the following:

* A high quality close-talk (headset) microphone with gain adjustment (gain adjustment: A microphone feature that allows your input to be amplified so that it is made louder for use by the system.) support
(A universal serial bus (USB) microphone is recommended.)

* A 400 megahertz (MHz) or faster computer
* 128 MB or more of memory
* Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or Windows XP or later
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later

See the Microsoft Office Online Web site for more information about operating system specific requirements or microphone information.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fatmuscle
i guess it sounds like a waste of time!
It is, unless you've used it (trained it) for many years.

My ex Physics teacher has trained his, and he used to type in excess of 100wpm, but now he dictates (as he is 'getting old' and the fingers are deteriorating, like mine :p) -- at speeds of 100wpm+ I would imagine.

I wish I could speak as fast as I could type! :p :D

Well, maybe I need to think faster than my fingers (if that is at all possible ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)