Best online free flashcard site/app? (1 Viewer)

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Hi all! I'm trying to start making flashcards for my Pompeii and Herculaneum unit of Ancient History, but have been struggling to find a good app/site to make flashcards on. I want to do them online instead of on paper as there is so much content to cover, but most sites seem to have a limit on how many cards you can practice/make unless you pay money for them. Does anyone have any recommendations for something I can use? If you have another way of memorising tons of sources and terms then please let me know also :)

(also apologies if I posted this thread in the wrong section, I wasn't quite sure where to put it).

moonsuyoung

HSC
Anki!!!!! However, make sure to download some plugins, change the background and customise it for yourself. The UI isn't as appealing as Quizlet but it helps me get less distracted, but try it out for yourself to see how you like it!

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Anki!!!!! However, make sure to download some plugins, change the background and customise it for yourself. The UI isn't as appealing as Quizlet but it helps me get less distracted, but try it out for yourself to see how you like it!
do you have the mobile version
if so, is it good?

Susu123

HSC
i used flashcards once, they flew away in the wind.
thats why i make notes now.

2 sentence horror story frfr

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Anki is good, but be weary that you shouldn't entirely rely on these flashcards as a method to study. It's still linear notes that you transferred into digital form. It's a nice add-on for the stuff you need to memorise, but for making links and connections, Anki is not the way to go!!!!!

MonKeHh

HSC
Hi all! I'm trying to start making flashcards for my Pompeii and Herculaneum unit of Ancient History, but have been struggling to find a good app/site to make flashcards on. I want to do them online instead of on paper as there is so much content to cover, but most sites seem to have a limit on how many cards you can practice/make unless you pay money for them. Does anyone have any recommendations for something I can use? If you have another way of memorising tons of sources and terms then please let me know also :)

(also apologies if I posted this thread in the wrong section, I wasn't quite sure where to put it).
I tried anki but it didn't end up working for me, it was too out of sight out of mind. I prefer traditional palm cards, but it does take more time and costs a lot more. For reference, I made around 300 for year 12 biology.

Quizlet is good as well, plus you can do game/practice modes on it to learn better, which may help.

But notes and practice papers is the best way to learn anything, just write it out over and over and over again

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Wait people don't? I thought everyone does 😭
why lmfao. Literally access your cards in a press of a button, and as an additional + u dont need to make the format look floury (unlike some people who make their notes look like a dictionary)
e.g.: 1704278355206.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)